Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST - Page 4

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

You'd get a D- for offering this as a business management assignment. Don't
you think that proprietors have been round this loop many times in working
out a business model that will work? Some businesses bust a gut to support
local industry, other ones don't give a rats. Every one of them could
provide reasons why they operate the way they do.

<snip>

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

The ones that don't give a rats seem to outnumber the others by far IME. And
if THEY don't support local industry, then it's simply hypocritical to
whinge about consumers not doing so. Of course that's nothing new!

Frankly I'm happy to buy imported goods since they buy our minerals and
primary produce. And I'm happier to buy from a local shop than import from
overseas, IF their greed is not TOO excessive. Paying double what you can
import it for though is excessive IMO, and far too common.

MrT.

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

most people are hypocrites.

Agree

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

"me here"

** Be dead easy for Gary Johnston of Jaycar to show with a ** proper costing
** that at $6 a piece  -  his business is actually LOSING  money on each
such lamp sold through a retail store.

....  Phil

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

So you recon Jaycar should sell the item to the public at a price
greater than $6 so they can make a profit, for something that you can
buy for 90 cents elsewhere?

You have got to be kidding.

--

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

He can charge whatever he likes in a capitalist society, and the less he
sells, the greater his cost of stocking them. Since you can already buy a
pack of two in any Bunnings store for less than one at Jaycar, (and there's
bound to be cheaper than Bunnings even if you are not interested in buying
ten on the internet) I'd say it's simply up to the consumer to take their
business elsewhere and let Jaycar worry about their inventory costs and
sales. Let's face it, you should only buy items at Jaycar that you can't get
(conveniently) anywhere else.

MrT.

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST
I find locally a lot of electrical goods are becoming compeditive ,
comparing ebay price to local available gets within a few % , as for
jaycar well there are plenty of places to buy if you plan and that's all
that's required to save a small fortune , try buying big rf power
mossfets online then compare to local supply

--

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

http://such001.reichelt.de/?SID22%@cBYdt6wQARYAAB1Wxrab7dbf2207991b000c91163a5c3d2ecc ;ACTION44%4

Hmmm - That link is no good- try this
http://www.reichelt.de/?ACTION=2 ;GROUPID39%70;SHOW=1;SID22%@cBYdt6wQARYAAB1Wxrab7dbf2207991b000c91163a5c3d2ecc

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

Crikey, that makes the $6 one look incredibly expensive.

I just checked mine with a multimeterand the telescopic arms are not
insulated.  The current is AC.

Being 12 volt and low amperage it's unlikely you would feel a tingle.

I recollect mine had a message to say don't put metal across the arms.

It's labelled as a Kambrook.

--

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

It depends mostly how damp your hands are.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

(snip)

They may be losing a buck or two on their letter service (the reason
they give for the planned closure of 27 PO's) but they must surely be
making a killing on domestic small parcels courtesy of fleabay.

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

Yes domestic. Nothing on os mail. Same os they get sfa from AP.

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

Same thing with soccer gear.

I worked with a guy and he got all his kids soccer gear from UK.

He reconned it was half the price of the exact same thing here.

--

Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST
Ok so bypassing the local people cuts a huge mark-up off

--

Site Timeline