Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

Hope you were there by 9AM. Most of their specials are sold out by 9:05AM!
(obviously laws against bait advertising don't apply to Aldi)

MrT.

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!
Sunday:http://www.jaycar.com.au/desperationsale /

Excellent - will have to rush there ASAP and stock up on their
extensive range of fart gadgets !!

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

Hmm, weather station XC0332 RRP $299, sale price $120.
In-car 4 input TFT monitor QM3772 RRP $249, sale price $115,

Now this is wierd...
BBQ tongs with LED light GG2309 RRP $14.95, sale price $6.95.

The sale is only in Sydney...dammit....

dmm

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

     Their 150mm Plastic Vernier Caliper (TD2081) is down to "only"
$9.95. I bought a couple of them from Rockby for about $2.00 each a
while ago. No idea why Rockby were selling Jaycar branded plastic calipers.

     Just in case anyone's interested, Aldi will be selling nice looking
digital calipers for $19.99, starting tomorrow May 22. See
http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_5082.htm

     I'll be there. :-)

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

**Nice catch Bob. I bought two. Stainless steel and as accurate as my
$150.00 Mitutoyo. Nice big digits and a bargain at the price.

Thanks for the heads-up.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

    No worries - happy to share useful info with my electronic mates
here. :-)

    I read on a woodworking newsgroup that Aldi sell these calipers on
special every so often. Maybe they're trying to entice engineering
blokes to shop in their stores?

Bob

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I used to get the newsletter, but every time I went in there to get
something they were ALWAYS sold out, you could count on it. So I eventually
gave up.

Dave.

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

    This is only the second time I've been to Aldi. The first time was a
few months ago when I bought a USB video grabber on special which left
the others I tried for dead.
    Thanks for the caution that not everything they flog is good
quality. Looks like I've just been lucky so far.

Bob

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

the ad image capture bonoculars once. Absolute crap. Reminded me of stuff
that you could buy decades ago branded "made in japan".

Neighbour purchased the hedge trimmer a few months ago and already it
sounds clapped out.

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

A workmate went down to Aldi at lunchtime and bought a caliper. It
looks quite reasonable. It comes in a foam lined wooden box with a
spare battery and appears pretty repeatable and well made. Has no auto
off though, he says. Has an auto on when you move the slide though.

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

    I went there at lunchtime and bought 5 of them for me and workmates
without any problems. I'm quite impressed by the quality and even the
spare button cell. For $20 you can't go wrong.
    I just left mine turned on, sitting undisturbed and it turned itself
off after about 5 minutes.

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

Grumble.  Wonder when Aldi are going to reach the wild west.

digital caliper

Read that Bob, went and had a look and ended up buying two.

Interesting 4 contact serial output port on the side, just above the
battery, yet there is no schematic, or detailed info that I could see.

yes, how can you go wrong at $20

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: digital caliper

     A few of the automotive engineering-type blokes I work with got
them, and all were impressed by the general construction and
repeatability, not to mention the nice wooden case and even a spare
button cell. Equal to professional digital calipers selling for 3x the
price, one of them said.

     Yeah, I noticed the connector too. I some net searching and found a
few sites with info on the communication protocol and electricals, and
how to build an interface for it. Handy if you're doing a lot of
measurements you need to record.

Regards
Bob

Re: digital caliper
On Fri, 23 May 2008 19:49:25 +1000, Bob Parker

Care to share?

- Franc Zabkar

Re: digital caliper

Frank:
http://www.compendiumarcana.com/caliper /

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: digital caliper
finger to keyboard and composed:

Thanks. I found this page as well:
http://rchobby.gmxhome.de/elektro/pic/caliper/calip_eng.htm

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

Jaycar have stainless steel digital calipers (TD-2082) for $25.60+GST if you
buy from Electus. $21.60 for 5+

Their "carbon composite" cheap type digital caliper (TD-2081) are only $8.95

Tons on Ebay for similar prices too.

Dave.

Re: Jaycar are DESPERATE!

Thanks Dave,
    Believe it or not, I'd trust Aldi more than Jaycar to sell high
quality stuff. :-)

Bob

Site Timeline