Re: Fraud Warning to Electronic Companies.

Interesting page. I notice the e-mail exchange started with the usual
generic "I am interested" message, which is the dead giveaway. Almost
always worded exactly the same.

Re: Fraud Warning to Electronic Companies.

   I love the ones claiming they want to order something they saw on
from my business website, then ask for the URL.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: Fraud Warning to Electronic Companies.

We just did the rounds of 4Dsystems dealerships, and found these
fraudulent orders placed, and shipped, from a US dealer. One in the last
week.
=======================================
ALDINO (MANDALA)
BLOK 1815 GEYLANG BAHRU #01-05
ATTN: ANTONY WE
SINGAPORE 339716
SINGAPORE
656-657-7584
snipped-for-privacy@harapanjayacorp.com
=======================================
Konizha Yang
sg retail
ALDINO   (reza)
BLOK 1815 GEYLANG BAHRU #01-05
KALLANG DISTRIPARK 339716
SINGAPORE
6564915453
owner@sg-retail.com
======================================
I won't mention the dealer, but they got taken for around $8K USD across
the two orders.

These are all the same address, as the address that was tried on me, and
the address in the URL of my previous email.

With google, I found the address is a Singapore shipping company:
http://www.allactiontrade.com/directories/directorydetail1_369746.html

This can only mean one of 2 things:
1) He is a thief
2) He is being used unknowingly.

I do have a lot more info, if anyone is approached with a potential
order from this address, just email me for details if you want to follow
up, and wish to take some sort of action.

Me, I have approached my Credit Card merchant account provider many
times in the past, about Credit Card fraud, and it has always fallen on
deaf ears. So I'll simply leave you all with the above warning.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Fraud Warning to Electronic Companies.

(snip dodgy dealing details)

Don, care to identify the CC brand?

Re: Fraud Warning to Electronic Companies.

Amex on this one, which is very unusual.

Have a look at the initial approach text, from that fraud site:
http://www.fraudmonger.com/cases/erica-frisbie.htm
Hello,

I'm costumer from Singapore country and I like to make a business with
you. I get looking interest for some your product. So, maybe you could
help me to find and supply the best. I hope you accepted this request
and will back to confrim me about product detail. But before I place my
order to purchase I would ask you regarding the product.

1. Do have International Business and ship to Southeast Asia/Singapore
country?
2. Do you accept and take direct debit payment by credit card
(Visa/Mastercard) without using Paypal or Merchant Account?
3. Could you despact the packages by Federal Express, DHL, or UPS
Express method?

Please answer and confirm back about my question. Awaiting for your
comment to above answers and proposals, hope we've be able to deal with
your company in near future as well. And i hope you can be responsible
Thank you.
Best Regards.

and the first email sent to me:
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:
Dear Sir or Madam, I have look your site and I like to make a business
    with you. I get looking interest for some your product. So, maybe
you     could help me to find and supply the best. I hope you accepted
this      request and will back to confirm me about product detail. But
befor I      place my order to purchase I would ask you regarding the
product.

1. Do you have International Business and ship to Southeast
Asia/Singapore country?
2. Do you accept and take direct debit payment by credit card
(Visa/Mastercard) for payment?
3. Could you despact the packages by Federal Express, DHL, or UPS
Express method?

Please give me the best answer and confirm back about my question.
Awaiting for your comment to above answers and proposals, hope we've be
able to deal with your company in near future as well. And i hope you
can be responsible.
Thank you.
Best Regards

You can almost match it word for word.