Pass Transistors

Basically I need some 2n3055 to3 cased (preferably)style Bipolar (hello
philthy) trasistors with a higher voltage rail around 80 to 100 vdc
  Suggestions ?
--

Re: Pass Transistors

**Depends on the application.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Pass Transistors

Do a parametric search.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

---

Re: Pass Transistors
I don't have one of those in the junkbox
  O do have some 2n3773

--

Re: Pass Transistors
Re: Pass Transistors

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Cat13%76376&k=NPN%20transistor

Try MJ15003.
Vce 140 V
Ic max 20A
Jaycar have them for around $8
TO 3 case.
Essentiallly a big 2n3055.

Re: Pass Transistors
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Cat13%76376&k=NPN%20transistor
Thanks , depends if the junkbox has any
  there is around 35 years collection of good crap in the container  :)

--

Re: Pass Transistors
What's your application ?

Posted at www.usenet.com.au

Re: Pass Transistors

Large 48v linear power supply , now running quite well although I had to
buy a voltage reg :(
  junkbox let me down

Re: Pass Transistors

You used to be able to get 100V versions of 2n3055's. I used some in an
amplifier back in the seventies.

You could try 2n3442's or whatever they evolved into/replaced them.
--

Re: Pass Transistors

"fred"

** Motorola brand 2N3055s ( in Aluminium TO3 packs) were usually capable of
*sustaining* 120 to 140 volts with the base and emitter shorted. But this
was not much use in practice as the collector current had to be kept to no
more than a few mA at such high voltages. The Safe Operating Area  (SOA)
specs allowed up to 1.5 amps at 60 volts Vce for 1 mS.

One of the best available NPN power transistors is the MJ15024  - it has a
SOA spec of 2 amps at 80 volts Vce for 0.5 second  -  with an upper limit of
100mA at 250 volts.

By comparison, power MOSFETS walk all over these devices.

....  Phil

Re: Pass Transistors
  I measured several claiming to be 100v capable 2n3055 , a large
variance in the performance was of concern as I think some are cheap
asian copies  , I found sufficient junkbox transistors to do it and they
fitted the heat-sinks I already had

Site Timeline