OT GW - Page 8

Re: OT GW

Manufactured evidence will say whatever the manufacturer tells it to
do, (of those paying the manufacturers)

Re: OT GW

Manufactured evidence will say whatever the manufacturer tells it to
do, (of those paying the manufacturers)

That's exactly what the deniers are relying on, manufactured evidence and
paychecks from the polluters for spreading it.

Re: OT GW

Maybe you should have a word with the Pope about birth control.

Re: OT GW

If it's so massive, where is that "evidence" hiding?
Correlation is not proof of causation.

Educated they may be, but they are still guesses.

Adoption of the scientific philosophy as per Popper (Falsifiability)
abandons the arrogance of certainty. The basis of modern science is
that it invites guesses which are formulated as theories. Theories
are then tested against observations. That is how e.g. we have
quantum mechanics and can reap the rewards.

The theories aren't proven to be "correct" if they fit
obeservations; they are considered to not yet be falsified.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | For every complex problem there is an
Re: OT GW

Much more trustworthy than the uneducated guesses and outright nonsense put
forward by the deniers.

I'd err on the side of caution, particularly as it's pretty obvious that we
are hellbent on destroying this planet.

Re: OT GW

All due respect to you, Clocky, but the consensus value only gives it
a 66% confidence, which is far from massive amounts of evidence.
--
Cheers,
Paul Saccani

If Abbott lives up to his promise of abolishing the Carbon Tax when he
takes office at the next election he'll be better than most.
The only word of truth here is "if". Let go of it Noddy, just for a change.
Fuck me, what a pair of tools, you and Abbott. Even his own predecessors in
the Tories are deserting themselves from his ridiculous statements. The one
he stabbed would get my vote, not this sanctimonious fuckwit.
DAVO

Re: OT GW
3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%

There are no "tories" in Australia.   Your ignorance is showing.

Re: OT GW

Do you have a URL?
I've tuned out for a while when t went all PR statements rahter than
science discussion.

Re: OT GW

Google "climategate" and take your pick. It'll turn up about 3 and a
half million hits.

Noddy.

Re: OT GW

And millions of hits for Britney Spears doesn't make her a musician.

Re: OT GW

You and Trev seem to have something in common. You both seem to believe
that denial is a one way street.

Noddy.

Re: OT GW

He won't of course.  Same goes for the mining tax and pokie
regulations.  What his replacement will almost certainly do is amend
Julia's workplace legislation!  :)

--
John H

Re: OT GW

I don't expect he will, but I can live in hope.

Lol :)

Noddy.

Re: OT GW

You might take it a little more seriously!  :)

Abbott inherited the poisoned chalice by default, at the time when no
one anticipated Labor's imminent fall from grace, yet IIRC his
popularity rating has always been lower than Gillard's (or Rudd's).
He's completely lacking in vision and he's made a heap of commitments
he can't possibly honour in government.

All of which points to an early use by date.  Whether he falls on his
sword, falls off his bike or gets abducted by aliens remains to be
seen.  It's a fairly safe bet he won't go the same way as Rudd.

--
John H

Re: OT GW

This is Australian politics we're talking about :)

Indeed, although I'd add that little Kevvy probably still has some life
left in him yet.

Noddy.

Re: OT GW

You can not be serious. Oh wait, there is some great labor dead wood in
parliament, so ice bergs chance in hell might be right.

Look at it, has no support but is picked by the power boys. Then
proceeds to shit all over everyone and ignore past practises and other
peole. Eventually  they labor pollies get so pissed off with him,ten
when he is gven the word, he can not get enough of them to say that they
would support him, so he folds and walks away. He was a complete good
time boy and that was the total sum of him.

Now, he throws petulant hissy fits when he isn't the centre of
attention. hardly leadership material.

Re: OT GW

They don't really have anyone else they can use, and this current
"thing" is completely on the nose
and unelectable.

Re: OT GW

Yep, people are just about past ex trade union leaders and they can not
follow another woman with another woman (novel).

The alternative isn't, sadly.

Re: OT GW

Probably, but don't expect a recycling!  :)

--
John H

Site Timeline