OT can anyone recommend a freight company

Recently won an Ebay auction for a lathe chuck weighing 20Kg which
by the time it's put in a pine box will be over Australia Post's
20Kg limit for parcels. Can anyone recommend a freight company that
has a not too extortionate rate ~$70 for such an item?.

TIA
Mark

Re: OT can anyone recommend a freight company

from where to where ?

Re: OT can anyone recommend a freight company

 From Launceston to Cairns. I just spoke to my friend and he's been able
to remove the useless steel backing plate which has cut the weight to
well under 20Kg so it'll go via Post now.

Re: OT can anyone recommend a freight company

I know of one that would fit the bill inter-capital, but there is NO
WAY I would recommend them even to my enemies.  Northline.

Re: OT can anyone recommend a freight company

Thanks for the tip

Re: OT can anyone recommend a freight company

**ANYONE but TNT. Absolutely any company will do a better job.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: OT can anyone recommend a freight company

Hi,
try the following
e-go.com.au
hunter express
pack and send

I think e-go are a retail outlet of hunter.

Greg

Re: OT can anyone recommend a freight company

**I second e-go. I just had a 40kg package shipped from Sydney to Cairns. It
was slow (6 days), but it arrived safe and secure. Oh yeah, e-go are
exceptionally competitive price-wise. Just don't expect instant service.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: OT can anyone recommend a freight company

Ok, e-go it is, thanks guys!. I'll let you know how things go.

Re: OT can anyone recommend a freight company

snipped-for-privacy@deletemelbnospam.iimetro.com.au said...
:
:Hi,
:try the following
:e-go.com.au
:hunter express
:pack and send

Pack and Send's prices are completely unviable. I was quoted approx.
$140 to send a 16 element UHF yagi from NSW to QLD. You'd probably be
better off booking a return flight ticket and picking it up yourself!

Re: OT can anyone recommend a freight company

    That was one of my options too.

Re: OT can anyone recommend a freight company

can you get the seller to remove the jaws and ship them in a separate
box?

OTOH: why do you need a pine box, it's not like it's fragile.
brown paper and twine are all that should be needed.

Re: OT can anyone recommend a freight company

Australia Post is famous for damaging parcels with it's conveyor belts
dropping parcels onto the ground and a 20kg cast iron chuck will fret
through brown paper and twine in no time, not to mention getting
damaged beyond repair the first time it get dropped on a jaw and smacks
into the internal scroll plate.

  So far Lathe chucks in wood boxes have survived with minimal damage via
post even if some of the wood was splintered.

    I'd mentioned in an earlier post that the sender has removed the
steel adapter plate (unusable to me)at the back which has brought it
under 20 kg.

Site Timeline