Noisy Phone & Wireless Router

Uniden WDECT 2355 Cordless phone

NetGear Wireless Router DG834GU

NetGear WG511v2 PC Card

Am running the above, on my wireless network.

The phone is very noisy. Switch Router off noise goes.

Both are using 2.4GHz. Router was original on ch9.

Changed channels, made little difference.

Daughter has similar setup, and phone lives on top of router,

No noise.

Any help appreciated  ...Ian

Re: Noisy Phone & Wireless Router
buy a 3.8 phone

Re: Noisy Phone & Wireless Router

I doubt it is RF interference between your ADSL wireless router and the
cordless phone.
Your ADSL filter may be faulty.
If you have a security system you should have an ADSL central splitter
installed somewhere in your telephone line.
If no security system then there should be an ADSL in-line filter installed
between the telephone line input on you cordless base station.
Sometimes these filters can go faulty but doesn't stop either the phone or
ADSL from working.
In some cases, one filter isn't enough to eliminate the ADSL signal from
making it into the cordless phone's base station.  Try cascading 2 filters.
Also some filters don't work properly if connected the wrong way round.
Make sure the LINE side is connected to the telephone line and the PHONE
side connected to the cordless telephone bas station.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Noisy Phone & Wireless Router
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:12:19 +0800, "Alan Rutlidge"

My old uniden phone needed 2 filters in series.

Re: Noisy Phone & Wireless Router
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:12:19 +0800, "Alan Rutlidge"

It appears you have hit the nail on the head.
Have a corded phone on the kitchen wall, on an ADSL2+
wall phone filter. (F2932) DSE

Removed phone off wall, noise still there.
Removed filter off the wall, appears to have fixed problem

Have a security system which normally just dials me, why not just
plain adsl filter instead of central filter.

The kitchen phone is where the line comes in off the street.
From there it goes to where the PC is located along with wireless
router and alarm. Have a 3 socket plate on wall.
One for the router, one for alarm (if used) and
one for phone lead from PC which I use for faxing.

Line continues and ends at Main bedroom where cordless base is
located.  Is it too complicated?

2 x filters @ around $25 to $30 each, soon adds up!

Thanks Alan for your help

Regards Ian

Re: Noisy Phone & Wireless Router
[...]

$25-$30? Ouch! Shop around, you should be able to get them a lot cheaper
than that:

<http://www.getprice.com.au/ADSL-IN-LINE-FILTER-SPLITTER-Gpnc_521--34332650.htm
<http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--362998663_Modems_Routers
<http://www.i-tech.com.au/products/3379_ADSL_Line_Filter.aspx

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: Noisy Phone & Wireless Router
<http://www.getprice.com.au/ADSL-IN-LINE-FILTER-SPLITTER-Gpnc_521--34332650.htm
Price is not an indicator of usefulness , an example would be the adsl2
filter used by helstra which is close to that price retail and very
effective , the dsl1 filter is cheap but obviously wont do the job as well.

Re: Noisy Phone & Wireless Router
<http://www.getprice.com.au/ADSL-IN-LINE-FILTER-SPLITTER-Gpnc_521--34332650.htm

All it is, is a fscking low-pass filter! How complicated does it need to be?

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: Noisy Phone & Wireless Router
<http://www.getprice.com.au/ADSL-IN-LINE-FILTER-SPLITTER-Gpnc_521--34332650.htm
Surprising as it is much more complicated than it should be .

Site Timeline