Noise on telephone

Hi all,

Received complaint from caller about my landline phone that is "noisy" &
sounded like a "cracking noise" when I answer my phone.  I can hear the
caller perfectly.

What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

eltan

Re: Noise on telephone

Talk to the people who are interested in you and tell them to fix their
"device"

oh don't call them they already know you know.

: Hi all,
:
: Received complaint from caller about my landline phone that is "noisy"
&
: sounded like a "cracking noise" when I answer my phone.  I can hear
the
: caller perfectly.
:
: What is the problem and how can I fix it?
:
: Thanks in advance
:
: eltan
:
:

Re: Noise on telephone

the mic in ur phone, or the connection anywere between the mic amp in
the phone up to the connector to the mic in the hand piece is dodge.

most likely a dead cable

Re: Noise on telephone

Check that its a problem by seeing if other callers get that,
if they do, try replacing the phone. If its still there, its the
cable, tho thats unlikely if you cant hear it yourself.

Re: Noise on telephone

Hi all,

Nothing wrong with the telephones, its my indoor telephone line, but for
some reason, sometime I cant make an outgoing call (eg calling my mobile), &
sometime I can.

Also, when I receive/make calls, there is no "noise", but the other person
can hear the "noise".

Thanks

cheers

Re: Noise on telephone

&

Ok, now you need to determine if its Telstras lines or your internal wiring.
If you have extensions in your wiring, try making calls from the socket
which is the first socket in the wiring.

If ok there, but not on subsequent sockets, you might have a prob with your
internal wiring

If its not that, and not your handsets, call telstra faults on 132203 to
arrange a free line test

do note, if they call out to check, and its your internal wiring, you may be
charged

Re: Noise on telephone

a faulty handset cord can cause noise at the callers end only shake it
around a bit to test it on your next call & get telstra to check your line
ok.
&

Re: Noise on telephone

Classic case of your line being bugged.

Re: Noise on telephone

hooohaaa

:
: Classic case of your line being bugged.
:

Site Timeline