Noise on telephone

Hi all,

Received complaint from caller about my landline phone that is "noisy" & sounded like a "cracking noise" when I answer my phone. I can hear the caller perfectly.

What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

eltan

Reply to
eltan

Talk to the people who are interested in you and tell them to fix their "device"

oh don't call them they already know you know.

Reply to
Ed ()

the mic in ur phone, or the connection anywere between the mic amp in the phone up to the connector to the mic in the hand piece is dodge.

most likely a dead cable

Reply to
Matt2 - Amstereo

Check that its a problem by seeing if other callers get that, if they do, try replacing the phone. If its still there, its the cable, tho thats unlikely if you cant hear it yourself.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Hi all,

Nothing wrong with the telephones, its my indoor telephone line, but for some reason, sometime I cant make an outgoing call (eg calling my mobile), & sometime I can.

Also, when I receive/make calls, there is no "noise", but the other person can hear the "noise".

Thanks

cheers

Reply to
eltan

&

Ok, now you need to determine if its Telstras lines or your internal wiring. If you have extensions in your wiring, try making calls from the socket which is the first socket in the wiring.

If ok there, but not on subsequent sockets, you might have a prob with your internal wiring

If its not that, and not your handsets, call telstra faults on 132203 to arrange a free line test

do note, if they call out to check, and its your internal wiring, you may be charged

Reply to
Michael

Classic case of your line being bugged.

Reply to