landline telephone pseudo-PABX

(Apologies in advance if I have already posted this here long enough ago that I don't remember doing it.)

Does anyone here happen to know of software and hardware that works on/with a Raspberry Pi for landline telephone that combines caller-ID blocking with a multi-box answering machine?

Here are the features I'm looking for: = Caller-ID routing: - Numbers/names in whitelist ring through or go to answering machine if not picked up in N rings. - Numbers/names in blacklist go directly to answering machine with a greeting similar to "You have been blacklisted. welcome to purgatory." (Other numbers get a nicer greeting.) - Other numbers are prompted to press a digit to ring through. If no digit, go to answering machine. - Transfer call logs to other computer via SD card or over network. = Answering machine function: - Allow messages to be moved to one of multiple boxes, ideally separating blacklist, whitelist, and non-list messages as they are received. - At least three boxes for messages to be moved to after receipt. - Copy messages to an SD card or transfer over network. = User interface: - Preferably a keypad or touch screen.

I'm understand there are USB devices that could handle the hardware interface, and I'm sure the Raspberry Pi is more than fast enough. I'd love to develop the software to do that if I only had the spare time.

Does anyone know of existing software (or maybe even just a software toolkit/library) and a best-known hardware bill-of-materials for doing that?

Thanks,

--
Robert Riches
spamtrap42@jacob21819.net

Asterisk is the usual answer here. It will do all you want, and more, however I'm not sure what the current state of "appliance" type installations are. I build my own and have my own web based front end for it all, etc.

I use a separate (Grandstream) ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter) that plugs into the incoming phone line (and lets me plug in an old rotary dial phone - internal house phones are SIP/DECT - Gigastream models)

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Does that ATA pass the external line through to asterisk so that the caller ID on the external line can be seen by asterisk ? All the cheap ATAs I've seen just have a relay that switches the external line onto the phones for an incoming call rather than passing it through SIP.

C:\>WIN                                     | A better way to focus the sun
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Yes. It looks like a SIP device to Asterisk. (well 2 SIP devices) It's the HT-503 model.

Downside is that it's a stand-alone device and not USB, so needs Ethernet and PSU plumbing. Actually, that's not really a downside in the grand scheme of things, however...

Obviously you need a POTS phone provider that passes through the caller-id number.

If I phone home from my mobile, I see:

-- Executing [1234@fromSIP-pstn:1] NoOp("SIP/pstn-000001f7", "Incoming SIP call from "" @ pstn calling 1234") in new stack

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

I need to remember this one - for the next time I have a POTS line to deal with, it's almost as cheap as the nasty ones where the FXO is just a relay away from direct connection to the FXS and doesn't present as a SIP device at all (all too common - if buying one watch out for this) and a

*lot* more useful.
C:\>WIN                                     | A better way to focus the sun
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Excellent! Thank you very much for the pointer to the device and the recommendation for Asterisk.

--
Robert Riches
spamtrap42@jacob21819.net