Is my IP camera working?

http://uipcam.mypets.ws:81 /

Would any kind hearted souls be willing to take a peek at the DynDNS domain
name for my IP camera over the next few hours/ days, and please tell me if
it's working? Unfortunately I can reach it from my side of the router's port
forwarding configuration.

TIA.

Re: Is my IP camera working?

What's the picture ?

Re: Is my IP camera working?

Got the next message while clicking at the link.

petrus bitbyter

404 - file not found
TRY
640x480.jpg
320x240.jpg
160x128.jpg
128x128.jpg
128x96.jpg
80x64.jpg

Re: Is my IP camera working?

Thanks Petrus and Fritz.

The image was just the front panel lights from my newly acquired BoB router,
situated in a darkened room.

Now that I know it's working okay, I'll set it up pointed at my Ranchu
Goldfish tank when it lightens up in the morning.

The IP camera application is just meant to demonstrate one capability of an
8051 based TCP/IP control board that I offer on my website.

Please feel free to pop-in and take a peek at the hardware:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~vanluynm /

Thanks again for the very much appreciated feedback guy's.

Regards,
Murray R. Van Luyn.

Re: Is my IP camera working?

The picture I got was more like a wierd UFO formation !
And I had to select one of the resolution options, exactly like the post
from Petrus.
So I wouldn't be so sure that everything is working until you put up a
proper image.

BTW I've got an original Intel 8052AH Basic chip that has been in the spare
parts
bin for decades. Plus the Intel manual. I am determined to fire it up one
day, just
for posterity. I have bought a 32k byte SRAM, plus the 11MHz xtal, now I
have
to put it all together on veroboard.
It will be as slow as an Afghan camel train, (the Intel Basic is an
interpreter) but it
might find a use one day, maybe just as a museum piece !

Re: Is my IP camera working?

It is just spam to get you to go to his real site.

Re: Is my IP camera working?

I did build the Elektor 8052AH single board computer but could
never get it to work properly, years later I was building a
68HC11A8 board and tried to use the same 80nS Hyundai SRAM and
it I had to play around with the CS line to get it to work at
all, eventually ANDed it with the CLOCK and it worked fine.

Re: Is my IP camera working?

A friend sent me the Elektor article (in Dutch!), but the price of the PCB
these days is too high to justify for what it is. Also it doesn't take the
modern skinny-DIP SRAMs.
FYI you can buy most Elektor PCBs from
http://be.eurocircuits.com /(xmsiweqli2gpicbrbr1rmk55)/EKBusinessServices/bEKArtSearch.aspx?LoadByToggling=0&lang=en

I plan to use a 20nS Samsung SRAM and simply connect the CS to A15
on the 8052. Maybe I'll add a 2764 EPROM later, first it'll be RAM only,
with battery backup.

Re: Is my IP camera working?

he's turned the lights on now,  still no fish :)

just a black rectangle bunch of blue LEDs down the right and an
stripy thing.

Re: Is my IP camera working?

It is not meant to work.
the only reason for the post was to get some bites so he could promote
his site.

Re: Is my IP camera working?

yeah I don't understand why many routers refuse to DNAT packets arriving
on their internal interface.

You could try hitting it via a "web anonymiser" eg: anonymouse.org

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://uipcam.mypets.ws:81/640x480.jpg

get in fast before the AU government block them :(

Happy Ranchu Goldfish Cam

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://uipcam.mypets.ws:81/640x480.jpg

Hi Jasen,

Yeah, I tried all the proxies that I could think of, but the port 81 part
seemed to be a bit of a hurdle. The http://anonymouse.org/ link you posted
worked 100% for me, so happily I won't have to be so naively accused of
spamming any further. :-)

BTW: The spooky UFO images have been replaced with 3 baby Ranchu Goldfish.
Ranchu's have no dorsal fin, so exhibit a deliciously silly wobble as then
swim.

http://uipcam.mypets.ws:81 /

...and just for Kuntz's indignation:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~vanluynm /

Regards,
Murray R. Van Luyn.

Re: Happy Ranchu Goldfish Cam

That works.

Re: Is my IP camera working?

Still working Murray.

by those who haven't got it - George Bernard Shaw

Site Timeline