Identify Power Connector

This power connector under a break-off panel on my Chamberlain (Bunnings) garage door opener has 36VDC on it. I'd like to find the matching connector to regulate that down to 12V to drive an external remote. Can anyone tell me what type of connector it is please?

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

it looks kind of like EC5 but the keying is wrong, how big is it?

Jasen Betts

Here's a better view, with a ruler:

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

The pin dimensions (2mm) and shroud aperture (5mm) match the male Tamiya power connector, except that both shrouds are half round, half square. If I get a female Tamiya connector and round off two corners of the square side it should work fine.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath