Help with Resitor?

I'm trying to set up a simple two way speaker system using the following
components.

Two SR powered speakers and Two Turbosound Powered bass bins.

Both fed from line out mixing desk.

What I want to do is limit the amount of bass frequency to the SR powered
cabinets without using an active crossover.   I can feed a signal to the
bass bins, which in turn has its own crossover, which has a line out to the
smaller top speakers, but I want to reduce the bass frequency - I've read
that you can just put a resistor in line to the smaller speakers that will
do the job.

Now I've a good working knowledge of electronics, but theory is not one of
them.  Any ideas welcome

Paul

--
pcjbt[removeme]@btinternet.com

Re: Help with Resitor?

think about a series capactor to the smaller speakers which will limit the bass
-||-

Re: Help with Resitor?

Thanks, but I've no idea of what type or rating.

thanks

Paul

Re: Help with Resitor?

as you have a good working knowledge, just try any old caps and see what
works and what doesn't.

Re: Help with Resitor?

Good job they didn't apply your solution to the testing of the atom bomb!

Re: Help with Resitor?

I guess they knew speakers weren't useful in an atom bomb, particularly with
too much bass.

Ken

Re: Help with Resitor?

Start searching the web using terms like 'speaker' 'crossover' and
'calculate'. A site like:
http://www.mhsoft.nl/spk_calc.asp

comes up. It may be useful to you - there are plenty of others. Philips
(used to anyway) have a book which was basically a design bible for
crossovers. I no longer dabble in such stuff so have lost the links I had,
but that one seems worthwhile.

Cheers.

Ken

Site Timeline