Google changed dramatically?

Still waking up, and I getting weird results on google search.

Well, weird is the wrong word, very different. In fact it looks great
for google search fans.

Maybe my computer is broken, or I am in a dream?
I assume this is the way it is to be from now on.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Google changed dramatically?

I've noticed it to. Got like a frame down the left side now, and it all
just blooks different. Can't say I really like it.
Crash Lander

--

Re: Google changed dramatically?

Have you noticed now that you don't have the radio buttons underneath the
search buttons so that you can select to do your search for either Aust or
for the whole web.

The work around is to add "+ au" to the end of the search string.

--

Sandgroper
Re: Google changed dramatically?

No change in Mozzila

Re: Google changed dramatically?

Firefox you mean? It certainly changed, but about a week ago, so it's
old news.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.

Re: Google changed dramatically?

it has not changed here period , no side bar as shown in the mickldrip
viewer
  It certainly changed, but about a week ago, so it's

Re: Google changed dramatically?

Flush your cache and set your browser to check for newer pages at every
visit.

--

Sandgroper
Re: Google changed dramatically?

I did years ago , each time the browser closes it does a flush
  same on 4 machines

Re: Google changed dramatically?

Or click pages from Australia on the left on the search result page

Re: Google changed dramatically?

either Aust or for the whole web.

Just noticed that there is no obvious way to turn off
google automatically sorting stuff by australian hits now.

Wanted to check on the detail of supermarket unit pricing in the
US and see if it was ever legally mandated or whether it was
always entirely voluntary and even going to google.com directly
or using the google.com link on the main simple search page
doesnt help, you still get the australian hits at the top.

Nothing in the new tools strip on the left thats of any use either.

Re: Google changed dramatically?

One thing hasn't changed. Google your own name and the box on the right will
still offer you the best deal on yourself  and assure you that you are for
sale on ebay.

Re: Google changed dramatically?

Not for me it doesn't. There is no box on the right.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.

Re: Google changed dramatically?

 I use a plugin called OptimizeGoogle.  Among other things, it gets rid
of ads shown alongside your results (or first finds).

 And thankfully, it still works with the "new" Google.

Re: Google changed dramatically?

I use google with seamonkey  and it has been doing weird things, it
keeps redirecting to perfectly ordinary looking but diverse pages but
not what I wanted.
If I shut the page and re click on the url it goes to the right page
I spent 24 hrs loading a new version of a squared free and running it in
safe mode,it found some things which I quarantined.
Rebooted and google is still acting in the same stupid way.
The pages it redirects to do not look like the pages that nasties send
you to

Re: Google changed dramatically?

There is a seymonkey user group. I visited there a couple of years back.

Get onto them. I'll bet they are aware, and may have answers.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Google changed dramatically?

Since a couple of weeks ago google has been doing redirects (possibly so
it can collect statistics of which links are followed).

This is weird, the redirect urls all have the eventual destination clearly
expressed in them. I wonder how google could mess up that badly.

perhaps you're the victim of a misbehaving HTTP proxy?

(Telstra-Clear (NZ) uses a transparent proxy, it seems to be well behaved,
I only discovered it when investigating a site that had problems if visited
through other providers)

Re: Google changed dramatically?

I had something similar with gmail, try clearing all the cookies from
google.

Re: Google changed dramatically?

I have been thing that I was infected with something so I ran various
anti virus progs in safe mode but google is still acting strangely.
It behaves differently to my laptop with the same browser with the same
settings,it opens strange pages,sometimes blank  pages in a separate
window when the laptop does not,during the strange searches
googleleaderservices.com comes up and sometimes google-analytics.com
flashes in the search line or down at the bottom
So it seems to be the computer or browser or some other program causing
it, have to do some more investigation.
all the virus detection programs say no infections since I ran them and
cleaned any problems.
.

Re: Google changed dramatically?

Eureka touch wood, I just ran ccleaner and the registry check,fixed
problems and it now seems to be working.

Re: Google changed dramatically?

Spoke to soon, google still acting strange

Site Timeline