Futurlec + IC's

Anyone have any dealings, good or bad, with Futurlec?

I am always wary of any company that does not have a 'White Pages' listing.

I am wanting four LM3909 IC's.

Apart from above, anyone have four they would like to sell me?

JERD

Re: Futurlec + IC's

"JERD"

** Futurlec Pty Ltd was de-registered in August 2005 and then re-registered
in June 2006.

The 2/136 Broadmeadow Road address is a home unit in Newcastle.

** Why on earth do you want those long obsolete ICs??

 Never heard of  " flashing leds " ??

 Even DS sell a bunch of types.

BTW:

It is  NOT encouraging to find that the pdf data sheet linked to LM3909 by
Futurlec is in fact for the LM301.

.....  Phil

Re: Futurlec + IC's

Hi Phil,

I have very old PC cards with LM3909's on, hence the reason for straight
replacement.

Re: Futurlec + IC's

Few problems with them apart from slow delivery and screwing up the
occasional order from what I've heard.
Plenty of opinions in usenet archives.

They have a local number:
http://futurlec.com/AboutUs.shtml

If you are worried about credit card security (you shouldn't be), you can
always stick to eBay and companies which accept PayPal.

This mob have them:
http://www.ledsales.com.au/cart.php?target=product&product_id43%4

and Ebay too:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LM3909-LED-Flasher-Oscillator-DIP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem2301e75d8aQQitemZ150355795338QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

Dave.
Re: Futurlec + IC's

Thanks Dave,

I tried eBay search just for 'LM3909' and returned nothing, apart for one
company with minimum order of $250!

Tnx yr reply

JERD

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LM3909-LED-Flasher-Oscillator-DIP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem2301e75d8aQQitemZ150355795338QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

Re: Futurlec + IC's

Trap for young players. You've gotta check the magic "Worldwide" check box.

Dave.

Re: Futurlec + IC's

Thanks Dave,

Something else I learnt today!

JERD

Re: Futurlec + IC's

I thought I might have learned something interesting too, but just
where is this check box????

I even tried searching for "worldwide check box" but that did not find
anything useful. Perhaps that is because I did not have it checked
when searching?

Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Re: Futurlec + IC's

under advanced search, hidden near the bottom of the selections.

Then you only have 3 mouse operations to go:

Location
========
(*) Only show items:
    (*) From preferred locations
        (drop box) [World Wide.]

but it works :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Futurlec + IC's

Here it is:
http://www.alternatezone.com/images/ebayworldwide.png
You only get it after you do a search.
I'm not sure what Don's talking about, I only need a single click (and it
auto-refreshes the search). Although eBay does has different user interface
display options.

Also, the "Completed listings" box above it is the other magic button to
show you what things have actually sold for in the last 3 months.

Actually I've sometimes had to use ebay.com instead of ebay.com.au because
some items just don't show up in the Oz site even though the seller will
ship to Oz. Ebay can be temperamental sometimes.

Dave.

Re: Futurlec + IC's

yep, that's easier than my method Dave, and gives you the option if the
OZ search doesn't produce results.

The menu you see is basically the same.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Futurlec + IC's

hi,  i just recently ordered a heap of voltage converter ic`s and rf chokes
and other stuff from futurelec ,  all parts there and ok . i have also
ordered from them a few times over the last few years, they sell a pretty
good eprom programmer for about 100 $

mark k

Re: Futurlec + IC's

I ordered some 7555 CMOS 555 timer IC's and they supplied a non CMOS
low power variant from Hitachi, a HA17555. I couldn't use them in my
circuit and sent them an email telling them what the problem was.
About a month later they did sent some real 7555's for no charge but
by then I'd had to buy them from Farnell instead

Re: Futurlec + IC's

Hi,

I ordered some items from them, and unfortunately they didn't process my
order due to some sort of 'problem with my credit card', but once I
chased it up they shipped very quickly and everything was well packed.
Their prices aren't so bad IMO, and they answer their emails quickly, so
I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again..

Regards,

Ross..

Re: Futurlec + IC's

I've purchased from them quite a few times and have been impressed with
speed.
On one occasion there was a problem when my card had been renewed and they
emailed and said there was a problem. . could I provided correct details.
This involved 3 exchanges of emails that were very quick indeed and included
the name of the person with whom I was dealing.

HOWEVER, when I have had a 'technical' enquiry (like illegible/incorrect
datasheet or other detail wrong - maybe 4 occasions) I have never received a
reply despite addressing the email, serially, to up to three Futurlec
addresses.  This disappointed me as I had been impressed with speed and
accuracy of service.
FWIW
Dave

Re: Futurlec + IC's

I bought a PIC development board from them without problem. It was
shipped from the manufacturer in Thailand rather than from Futurlec but
the delivery time was quite acceptable and the product is OK

Site Timeline