CMOS Cookbook +++

At the recommendation of someone in this NG, I purchase the CMOS cookbook and have found it to be a very interesting book.

Is there a similar book that someone can recommend for analog circuits?

JERD

Reply to
JERD

Look at "op amp cookbook" by walter jung, not sure when the last reprint was.

Reply to
Polyp

The National Semiconductor "Linear Applications Databook" is a classic. One of the few paper databooks I kept when I got rid of my entire paper collection. Huge beast, over 1200 pages. Basically a print of all of National's Application Notes. This one:

Although mine looks like this:

Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to
David L. Jones

Some time back in the late eighties when 'Stewart Electronics Components' (components was spelt that way on their labels) was beginning to fade away, they had a 'bargain box' and the guy behind the counter insisted that I buy a bunch of NSC Data books cause they wont be available again.... so I did. I bought the 1986 Linear Apps book and 1988's Linear Databook 1,2 and 3 for about $60 all up. Mark Kelepouris

Reply to
Mark Kelepouris

Seconded. My copy is an ancient edition, but still useful.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Shit, I used to work for them, back in the days. Any idea when they finally went bust?

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Thanks folks for the recommendations!

I have ordered a new copy of the IC Op-Amp cookbook from Amazon - at half the price I can purchase locally, and a second-hand copy of the Linear Applications Databook from the UK as this was all that was available. At A$14, this has got to be a bargain for 1200 pages!

JERD

Reply to
JERD

I don't remember the exact year, but the late eighties seems about right, Rockby grabbed alot/all of their stuff apon their closure. Looking at the overall picture now, I guess SEC's closure was just the start (at least around here) of the demise of the counter service I once enjoyed. Radio Parts in Malvern has now gone too. Dick Smiths in Bridge Rd Richmond had gone earlier. I'm so glad I was around in those days though, it was fun as a young teenager listening and learning from those over the counter. By f*ck things have changed now!! Now its all for those who know exactly what they want by ordering online. The guys at Rockby are very helpful but you can tell they prefer non-counter sales and Jaycar will never be able to provide anything like the good old days did in terms of knowledge and advice that Dickies and RP did IMO. Anyway, enough of that bitching, the CMOS Cookbook was and still is my bible for basic digital lash-ups.

Mark Kelepouris

Reply to
Mark Kelepouris

Yep, the good old days have gone, but you have to admit, the ability to post a technical query widely on a newsgroup is a pretty fair replacement.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Not to mention the Web, Google, online commerce, Digikey/Mouser/Farnell sites and their instant PDF datasheet links etc etc The resources available for design today have increased countles times with advances like this. Good'old days my butt!

Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to
David L. Jones

It's a great resource for an oldie like me!

On the steep side of the learning curve, and enjoying it.

JERD

Reply to
JERD

Dave, I was there mate, they were the good old days alright lol. But yep, the available web resources these days is sensational and I guess it is probably a good thing we dont have to actually look at the odd moron we have to deal with when ordering on line. I'll let you know in a couple of decades if I reckon these were another set of 'good old days' for me if I can. Cheers,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Kelepouris