Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

I've been looking around for some figure 8 wire good for at least 40A -
anyone know who sells this? Preferably with an online presence for
ordering purposes. DSE, Altronics & Jaycar seem not to...

The only place I have found is this:
http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/twin-figure-100m-p-118.html

Tnx.

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

I am assuming this is for a low voltage application right? I have
never found a supplier here in Oz
that has figure 8 cable in sizes greater than what is shown on that
website. I have resorted to
importing it for our manufacturing purposes. We currently have some in
12, 10, 8 and 6 AWG. Let
me know if you are interested and how much you require.

Replace "agw" with "andy" to reply via email.

Andy

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply, most appreciated.

Basically it is for 13.8VDC, to run transceivers drawing up to approx.
40A max. I have also just installed some large spotties on my Cruiser,
and wouldn't mind beefing up the existing wiring so I can up the wattage
of the globes.

Over the years I always seem to be installing radios into vehicles, and
often find the figure 8 cable I can buy is a little more on the thin
side than I'd like. I like to over-engineer a little as well :)

I'll get in touch with you and see what you have - I figure I might as
well buy a decent length if possible, for the reasons explained above.

Thanks

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

Wayne,

Your x-privat email address bounced my email to you because of
"Unauthorized Country"??
Can you send me another email with a good email address?

Andy

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

LOL, I thought X-Privat was Italian based? Wonder what Dmitry has done
with it now?

Yep, I'll do that shortly, thanks.

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
snipped-for-privacy@woodtech.net.au'. Subject 'Cable', Account: 'mail.vfemail.net',
Server: 'mail.vfemail.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry,
that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser)',
Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

It's one of THOSE days, it it?
I'll try yet another server...

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

Ok.....sent again yesterday - hasn't bounced as yet.

Andy

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

Nothing here?
I re-sent from another email address some days ago as well.
Ah well, not to worry :)

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

I sent it to the ....orcon.net.nz email address you supplied. Is this
correct?

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

Hi Andy,
Yep - I got the email, many thanks. Have replied, which will explain the
delay :)

I'm also having ongoing broadband issues here which is becoming a real
pain. I should be relocating to my permanent abode in about a month so
in the meantime I just have to persevere with the problems (a simple
lack of adequate bandwidth, so the ISP won't do anything about it due to
the $$$, obviously).

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

You mean to tell us, Your coming inside for the winter.. Park benches are
just not what they were.
 Sorry  M8,  but we can't let a  chance go bye, can we..  like you would let
it go  NOT.
As  for your broadband connection,  have a look at  TPG ,  You won't go
wrong.

           bassett

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

Too many syringes these days.

?

I may be limited to Satellite broadband by the looks of things at the
new property, so TPG might be out of the equation, thanks.

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

There's a few people up this way using "wirefree"
http://shop.cirruscomms.com.au/epages/cirrus.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/cirrus/Categories/Internet/Coverage

There connecting to transmitters on Mount Mooble, [ between Dorrigo  and
Coffs harbour ] and I haven't heard a bad report yet. I didn't go that way
but waited for ADSL to be connected, to our small exchange,  which it did
about 3 months later,  but very few people have transferred over.  Just try
and keep away from the Big Puddle service  which is crap.  According to
reports.

               bassett

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

Wayne,

Did you eventually receive my email?

Andy

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

Yep, see previous reply, many thanks!

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

"Je▀us"

** Yeah - hi-fi shops do.

 Its called Monster Cable......

.....   Phil

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

 Nothing wrong  with "soundlink "  from  WES   13, 11, 9 awg

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

"bassett"

** Well, as a matter of fact I  *did *  consult the most famous WES
cattledog ...

Woof,  woof  ........

However, after a bit of furious ciphering ( Jed Clampett style) I arrived at
the conclusion that even 9 AWG  ( = 6 sq.mm) was not up to carrying 40 amps
continuously.

Circa 15 watts per metre is a lot of power for a twin, low temp grade  PVC
cable to dissipate.

.....   Phil

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

**Talk to your local sparky. I've used Olex 6mm twin and earth for such
purposes. It's rated at 44 Amps (unenclosed). My old VL Dunny-Dore showed a
Voltage drop of more than 1.5 Volts on high beam, before re-wiring. After
re-wiring, the drop was less than 50mV on the battery side and around 150mV
on the other side. If you're in Sydney, I can supply you some, but talk to a
few sparkys near where you live. The guys who do bigger jobs will keep a
roll in their truck.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Figure 8 wired rated to 40A?

I'll look into that, thanks.
As long as it is flexible it should be fine.

Site Timeline