Electus has lost the plot

Ironic, really, since I defended Electus a couple of weeks back.

I recieved a delivery of Electus items today and sat there stunned reading
the invoice. I ordered from the 2008 cattle-dog. The invoice revealed a 20%
(that's TWENTY PERCENT!) price hikes on average, on the items I ordered.
YIKES! Last I looked the Aussie Dollar was pretty strong and the Chinese
Yuan has not strengthened. If that was not bad enough, I glanced at the
freight charges - $17.33 for overnight freight. Jeez. I send out an average
of two items per week (up to 20kg each) and I get charged less than $10.00
per item. And that is for same day delivery. For next day, the price can gt
as low as $4.00. Electus stung me for $17.ss for a 5kg package, for
overnight delivery.

OK, I realise that the new Ferrari has gone up in price and Gary probably
needs a new one, but stinging trade customers such obscene prices will not
win any new friends.

I'll be using WES, Altronics, RS and Farnell ahead of Electus in future.

WES charge $6.90 for same day local freight.
Farnell charge $10.00.

Wake up and smell the coffee Electus. You're going to lose a lot of business
this way. I can see Electus gonig the same way that DSE Wholesale went. Down
the gurgler without a trace.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Electus has lost the plot

"Trevor Wilson"

** TW is no fence sitter  -  he changes sides more often than he changes
sox.

    For much the same reason too.

** Still way cheap compared to any legit wholesaler like Farnell.

 Who, unlike Electus, sell stuff with some semblance of a pedigree.

**  If  TW  were a man with any integrity whatsoever  -  he would refuse to

deal with Electus or Jaycar until GJ replaces his notorious, mid life
crisis,

red Ferrari &  gets himself a nice Prius.

Plus -  demand that all parcels be delivered by a quadruped drawn cart.

A donkey cart preferably.

TW has a lot in common with donkeys.

**  Not if they are still one cent cheaper.

.....  Phil

Re: Electus has lost the plot

And exctly *how* do you know TW is well endowed?

Re: Electus has lost the plot

LOL -
I was more thinking of streets filled with stinking animal excrement
(which is the case in places where animals are used for transport)
when making the comparison actually.  It fits well.

When Hifi sound systems anywhere in excess of a AA cell powered
Walkman with headphones are considered "unnecessary energy inefficient
electricity wasters" by the green gestapo - then confiscated and
banned,  he might be able to earn a living by shovelling this shit off
the streets.

Hey dont feel bad - it is a "green job" :)

Re: Electus has lost the plot
Yes, 20% for many items at least for the last 6 months, and  I am not happy
about it either.  For large purchases I now use Futurlec and in some cases
Digikey for IC's.  Bulky items such as batteries and encloures have  fewer
alternative suppliers though. All down to basic economics.  Electus can
charge what they want just so long as they realise they are not a monopoly

Re: Electus has lost the plot

You support a carbon tax, so therefore you want to pay more for
everything - with no actual benefit.

If Electus's price hike is indeed "just a rip-off" - at least in this
case its going to someone who - like or hate him - has worked hard,
provided jobs, and products people want to buy, and making a profit
from it which in time will either provide more jobs and services, or
at least save jobs that are becoming scarcer in these economic times.

The other "rip-off" that you love, it just lines the pockets of  of
soap-dodging deadshit greenies, public servants, bent politicians and
banks - in other words people who have a 100% track record of
destroying economies, jobs, lives, human rights and freedoms.

So just pay it, feel good about it, and quit whinging.

Re: Electus has lost the plot

You support a carbon tax, so therefore you want to pay more for
everything - with no actual benefit.

**Do I? got a cite for that?

OTOH, I support moves to cause EVERYONE on this planet to emit less CO2. A
carbon tax *may* be the right way to do this. There may be other, more
effective methods.

If Electus's price hike is indeed "just a rip-off" - at least in this
case its going to someone who - like or hate him - has worked hard,
provided jobs, and products people want to buy, and making a profit
from it which in time will either provide more jobs and services, or
at least save jobs that are becoming scarcer in these economic times.

**So is the money going to Altronics (100% Aussie owned), WES (100% Aussie
owned), RS, Farnell and others. All who are able to manage far more
reasonable freight charges.

The other "rip-off" that you love, it just lines the pockets of  of
soap-dodging deadshit greenies, public servants, bent politicians and
banks - in other words people who have a 100% track record of
destroying economies, jobs, lives, human rights and freedoms.

**I see no reason to line ANYONE'S pockets with money where there is a clear
and obvious rip-off involved. That includes the perks enjoyed by
politicians, CEOs, whoever.

So just pay it, feel good about it, and quit whinging.

**No. I will point out obvious rip-offs when I see them.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Electus has lost the plot
On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 17:39:30 +1000, "Trevor Wilson"

SNIP
:
:I'll be using WES, Altronics, RS and Farnell ahead of Electus in future.
:
:WES charge $6.90 for same day local freight.
:Farnell charge $10.00.
:

I just received an email from Farnell informing that due to feedback from
customers all orders placed on-line would be dlivered freight free.
http://au.farnell.com/jsp/bespoke/bespoke3.jsp?ICID=i-d953-00001029&bespokepage=farnell/en_AU/support/freefreight.jsp

:Wake up and smell the coffee Electus. You're going to lose a lot of business
:this way. I can see Electus gonig the same way that DSE Wholesale went. Down
:the gurgler without a trace.

Site Timeline