DSE Q1803 $128 CRO - Page 2

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

   And he likely connected the probe where he did so it didn't cover any
of the other switches and controls in the picture.  Who expects a
photographer to know how a scope works?

prove it.
Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

I still have a DSE CRO (5MHz I think) that I bought for at least twice the
price of this one. It must have been nearly thirty years ago. It  was modest
and useful. It still works. I think that this new scope, at this price, is
astonishing.
And Phil, I forgive you your dreadful pun.

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

   Yeah, that was what I thought too. :)
    DSE's moving further and further away from nuts & bolts
electronics. Maybe it should be renamed to Dick Smith Consumer
Electronics?
   I found an interesting entry about DSE in that Wikipedia thing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Smith_Electronics

Bob

On Sun, 28 May 2006 18:18:47 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

   All that, and no mention of the only DSE item I've ever bought? ;-)

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

On Mon, 29 May 2006 02:27:14 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"

   Well you could have a look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivalent_series_resistance but it's not
very interesting and is mainly about inductors.

Bob

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

Now vastly expanded.  Might be worth another look ;)

Peter

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

Oh and there's also a big Tandy rant at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandy_ (Australia)

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

I agree with Phil on this. I bought one of these and found it to be a great
little item for its cost.

But I found I needed a dual trace CRO, so after a about 3 hrs of using this CRO
I bought one of DSEs 20 meg dual trace CROs - very nice.

So, I have one of these nice little 10 meg CROs for sale - only used for 3 hrs,
as new, with probe and instruction book.  Best offer gets it.

David

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

message

If you've still go the receipt, couldn't you just return it under their
14-day satisfaction warranty for a full refund?

Peter

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

"Peter Parker"

** The geriatric fool calling itself  "quietguy" is allegedly a social
worker.

What he needs a CRO for at all is mysterious.

What he imagines he needs a dual beam one for must be bizarre.

.......   Phil

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

So you can't imagine a social worker having any hobbies or other interests
then?
(unless he said he required it for work)

MrT.

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

Might be Phil's social worker, who knows!

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

Now I am retired I have more time for hobbies - PICAXES are fun to play with
and one can do some interesting things with little effort

David - who was also a TV tech in another life

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

What a silly thing to say - you don't understand the need for dual or more
trace CROs?

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

"Poxy" ...

**  Try following the context.

 If your brain does not explode in the attempt.

.......    Phil

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

G'day silly Philly - I really apreciate that you take the time to read my
posts - thanks muchly

David - who was thinking of using the CRO to see if he could find any signs
of brain activity in foolish posters named Phil

PS:  I had no luck - no signs of brain activity in Phil were found

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

I could have if I hadn't procrasinated and left it sitting on the shelf for
past six months or so.

...and that settles it - I am going to give up procrastination tomorrow

David

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

G'day again David
    How's things in WA? ;-) I thought about it and realized (as you
probably did) that most of the time I need a dual channel CRO because
I'm watching the input and output of something.
   As someone else commented, DSE is quite happy to give a refund  for
purchases less than a week old. Couldn't you get a refund to help pay
for the dual channel CRO?

Bob
(professional coffee mug sabateur)

On Mon, 29 May 2006 21:48:15 GMT, quietguy

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

Hi There Bob (says Dave quickly hiding his coffee mug under the desk)

Originally I was thinking of just buying another one of those single trace CROs -
one to watch the input and the other the output - (am playing with controlling
motors with PWM using my RC xmitters pulses etc - a robot perhaps) ) then I got a
little suprise $$$ for my birthday and decided to do it the easy way with a dual
trace - by then it was well past the 14 day period. - So just popped it on the
shelf and got on with.....

WA is fun - being a slum landlord and keeping the stable of girls in line takes
up
a lot of my time tho - thinking I might have to hire an assistant to fly my model
planes and play with the CRO etc :-)

Cheers - and trust all is well with you and yours

David

Re: DSE Q1803 $128 CRO

   Ah, thanks for the update and explanation about why you've still
got the Q1803. Have you had any tempting offers for it yet? It would
still be far more useful to me than a BWD521 which won't trigger and
often loses one channel.
   Belated birthday wishes for a few months ago. :-)
   Yeah, that stable of girls and landlording commitments wouldn't
leave you with much time. You have my sympathy.
   I'll send you a quick e-mail regarding the CRO, and give the
denizens of this NG some peace.

Cheers
Bob

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 00:32:22 GMT, quietguy

-
up
model