Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters

Aug 10, 2010 2:08 PM
Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters

Communications Minister Stephen Conroy told the ICT leaders debate in Canberra
that the Australian Labor Party, if
re-elected, would continue its implementation of the unpopular policy.

"We will bring forward the legislation once we've finished the review [of
refused classification guidelines]," Conroy said.

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/224163,conroy-to-keep-pushing-mandatory-isp-filters.aspx

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters

No surprises there.

He and the Christian lobby groups go hand in hand on this.

He's probably a member.

--

Re: Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters

What, more of the "spams and scams entering through the portal"?

Re: Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters

I think we either need to see them dump Conroy, or maybe we should
send a message and dump this party.
Freedom of speech is vital to everything.

Re: Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters

Thankfully every voter in VIC has the ability to boot Conroy out at the next
election:
http://www.filter-conroy.com /
and you can do it by not changing your desired party voting preference.
Makes me want to move to Victoria.

Dave.

Re: Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters

next

I'll be voting against him, let's hope everyone else gets the message.
Unfortunately FAR too many vote above the line, so he'll probably get back.

MrT.

Re: Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters

that the Australian Labor Party, if

refused classification guidelines]," Conroy

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/224163,conroy-to-keep-pushing-mandatory-isp-filters.aspx

No chance of getting it thru the senate now that the coalition has decided to
oppose it.

Re: Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters

Yes, but what are those channels showing? I'm not really interested in
root of the week, even if it a gardening program?
My last local foray into $/view Tv had me quaking in my boots about the
killer kangaroos roaming the streets (Yes it was a National geographic
program).

OTOH, I'm not going to rush out and repair the TV if it breaks down again.

Re: Conroy to keep pushing mandatory ISP filters

I don't blame you. Mine sits turned off most of the time these days.

I'm sick of hearing crap or
stuff designed for people with a mental age of under 12.

Site Timeline