Cheers to RS

All I needed was two 6 pin IDC connectors, I was expecting to pay more
for shipping that the things themselves the total cost of which was
$2.60. RS however sent them by courier for free - they can't have made a
profit on that transaction.

Re: Cheers to RS

RS often do free shipping promotions - it's the thing I like best about them.
--
Shaun.

Re: Cheers to RS

Their current "promotion" has been going for many years now.
Presumably the prices are adjusted in order to pay for it one way or
other (the extra charge on the $2600 orders probably pay for sending
the $2.60 ones), but they are reasonable on many things anyway.

It's even more absurd for me living in the middle of nowhere. How
else can you get some bloke in a ute to drive down various gravel
back roads, just to deliver my $2 bag of resistors? Heck it might
cost more than $2 in fuel, not to count whatever damage must be
done to the ute driving on these roads at the speeds that they do!

And they'll do it twice for orders with parts stocked locally and
overseas, though there tends to be a week's delay before the couriers
get around to making the trek out to me, so sometimes they have
arrived at the same time anyway.

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: Cheers to RS

Yeah I've always got free delivery but noticed they said it was for a 'promotion period' last time
I looked (which was a while ago now).
--
Shaun.

Re: Cheers to RS

They almost certainly don't pay their couriers per delivery.

Presumably their sales volume is large enough they're able to
negotiate a monthly rate, or similar, which averages out the cost per
delivery as well as underpinning the courier's cash flow.

They're also relatively expensive but for their particular customer
base convenience and consistent quality probably outweighs the cost.

--
John H

Site Timeline