Check DSE kit pricing

It pays to check the pricing on any kit you buy from Dick Smith
at the moment: I bought a VHF weather receiver kit yesterday for
$49.99 and today saw it as a "Web only special" for $25. When
asking staff over the phone about the price difference, I was
told it was a different product as the catalogue number was
K-3226W and not K-3226.

Re: Check DSE kit pricing

In my experience, when dick smith has a special, something is missing.
Been thay way since they went into computers.

Re: Check DSE kit pricing

Yes that W costs $25 :-)
I'd simply return it and order the other one.

MrT.

Re: Check DSE kit pricing

It's confusing, because the website says "web only special" *and*
"no online orders". I queried that today at Box Hill, wanting them
to get in one of the web-only special EPROM pgmr from the stock I
knew was at the distribution centre. They spent an hour (after I'd
left) making phone calls to head office, who got them to tell me I
should *telephone* up the mail order department to order it.

So apparently "web only special" means "quote the part number to
the mail order dept by telephone". Sigh. And we still pretend to
think that humans are rational beings...

Clifford Heath.

Re: Check DSE kit pricing

Ahhh, a cunning ploy!!!, a similar leap in logic must be used by the
counter jumper I spoke to who insisted they 'W' made them different
products and therefore ok to be priced differently.

Re: Check DSE kit pricing

Dick Smith have a good return policy should you be able to return the
kit unopened and wish to have the web version.

Bye.
   Jasen

Site Timeline