PCB pricing

I just got a quote from couple PCB houses the board is 3.3=94x1.695=94, 4 layers, 7mils spacing, FR4, two tab routs,...., 3-5 pieces, 3-4 days =96 nothing unusual, right? $1200+ I sort of expected it to be ~half as much. What am I missing? has something changed in the PCB manufacturing lately?

Reply to
Michael

I just got a quote from couple PCB houses the board is 3.3?x1.695?, 4 layers, 7mils spacing, FR4, two tab routs,...., 3-5 pieces, 3-4 days ? nothing unusual, right? $1200+ I sort of expected it to be ~half as much. What am I missing? has something changed in the PCB manufacturing lately?

Seems expensive, I just received (Friday), 4 boards 100mm x 80mm, 4 layer, FR4, 0.15mm (6 mils) gap, 4 days £350 (about $525).

That was PCBTrain

- not much use to you because they are UK based but you should be able to do at least as well in the US.

Michael Kellett

Reply to
Michael Kellett

Low qty/fast turnround prices vary hugely between suppliers, and depends a lot on their attitude to this sort of job. Shop around, and for PCBs this size, look for a pooling service.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

e:

4

a lot on their attitude to

service.

We have been using these PCB houses (4pcb.com and cirexx.com) for a while... I haven't ordered any boards for some time. Can anybody suggest a board house that does low volume,

Reply to
Michael

ote:

, 4

s a lot on their attitude to

ng service.

I mean, the one you are using and happy with. Thanks

Reply to
Michael

lot on their attitude to

service.

I've been pretty happy with the PCBExpress service from Sunstone for low volume/prototype boards with a reasonably quick turn. From your size info above, it looks like four pieces would run US$320 for the lot

*without* the routed tabs -- although an individual board can have an arbitrary continuous outline. You may need to look at their full-feature service.

For longer lead times (and lower costs) I've also used the batch service from Sparkfun

Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

I use them, and the price drops spectacularly if you can wait 15 days.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Try these guys

The work place uses them and we turned some assembly houses on to them. Very happy, so far.

Martin Riddle