Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay - Page 2

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

I  am very tempted!

Has anyone given any thought to after sales service?

With my luck, I will probably need it!!

JERD

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

I guess that's the chance you take. For under $700 I'm prepared to take my
chances.
It comes with a Chinese warranty card, but it's not obvious where to send it
or if it's applicable in Australia.
I have not heard any reports at all with any Rigols failing, and certainly
none of the units I've had at work have failed over the years. So no news is
good news right?
The fan in this new Rigol, while probably not needed, would surely help with
product longevity too.
I suspect Agilent wouldn't have rebadged them if the manufacturing and
component quality wasn't up the scratch, but all models are different.

Dave.

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

I don't get any Rudd money :-(

Dave.

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

Yeah, buying a Chinese CRO on ebay will really help our economy!
What a shame the government couldn't think of a better way to spend the
money, like all the infrastructre projects they say they can't afford. And
on hospitals and schools. I guess supporting Chinese workers is far more
important.

MrT.

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay
dont know if i will get it yet even :(

I admit that it won't directly help our economy, but it helps my work
become more efficient and profitable (admittedly in a very small way
overall), and that probably indirectly eventually helps the economy in
a small way.

If tools such as this (that are normally well out of the reach of
students, hobbyists, and some small businesses) can be bought
affordably it will make electronic hobbies / study / work etc more
affordable, then that is a benefit for the country. Its probably of
less harm to the country than buying a plasma or pissing up the money
(well, maybe not, beer is locally brewed ;).

I don't think we have made CROS here since the BWD days ?

The schools need things other than money thrown at them, the education
standards are a joke, PC crap such as lack of discipline is another
major problem. Fancy modern air conditioned classrooms wont help these
problems.

Pouring money into "renovating" school buildings without fixing the
festering sore inside them - ie: what is being taught, how its being
taught, and controlling the class, so those who want to learn, can -
is as ridiculous as pouring money into an almost bankrupt B&W TV
factory, to renovate the factory premises, to "lead it back to profit"
rather than dealing with the fact that its making an inferior or
obsolete product or service and fixing that.

As for Australian products and services,
I have to fork out over $2000 for dental work in the next month. Does
that make up for my "sins" ?  ;)

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

And you already get a tax deduction for business related expenses.

Not likely to in the forseeable future either.

I agree, however better teachers and more higher education places for
Australians, still costs money.

Probably not if the Dentist uses it on an overseas trip.:-(

MrT.

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

Got one too. Arrived today (about 8 days door to door). Quite impressive
for the price. I've yet to give it a good test but all the basic
functions appear to be working and the build quality appears excellent.

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

I noticed just a couple of days ago that Rigol has a new 4 channel scope,
apparently just showing up in the states.  But, it doesn't have the 1M memory
<sob>.  It's very good looking, though.  eBay item #260380435750

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

Yes, that's the 1000B series as opposed to the 1000E series being discussed.
You loose the big memory, but you gain 2GS/s, 4 channels, independant
vertical controls, and Ethernet interface.
The other series is the 1000A series that ups the sample rate and the screen
refresh rate, but again no big memory.
A rather unusual line-up.

Dave.

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

The 4 ch unit I mentioned apparently has had a hardware upgrade, and now offers
2000 wfms/s, like the 1000A series.

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

**I just downloaded the user manual. VERY impressive. This was not written
by a Chinese speaking person. It is very, very good indeed. A request, if
you have the time, David: Could you post some screen shots of the FFT mode
please?

If I can sneak this one past the boss, I'll but one.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

The Rigol website is actually slightly out of date for manuals and software.
Here is the latest user manual I got on CD with my unit:
http://www.alternatezone.com/files/Rigol%201000E%20User%20Guide.pdf
Not sure if the differences are significant though.

Will do. Stay tuned.

Dave.

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

Done.
http://www.alternatezone.com/images/rigol /

Using the 1KHz probe cal oscillator.
As you can see, it's possible to have split screen, overlayed screen, or
standalone screen.
X and Y cursors possible with manual and tracking modes.
Last shot is using Blackman, others were using Hamming.
It's not possible to use the LONG memory mode with FFT switched on,
regardless of timebase.
The frequency display is the excellent hardware frequency counter at work,
i.e. works regardless of timebase or vertical scale.

Dave.

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

**Thanks a bunch David. Looks like the bee's knees to me. I did a job in the
city last week. The Rigol would have been the perfect tool for the job. I
used my Tek, but the Rigol would have made it faster and easier to fault
find. Easier to carry too.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

It's now ever cheaper:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Rigol-DS-1052E-50-MHz-2-Channel-Digital-Oscilloscope_W0QQitemZ350185540997QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Oscilloscopes?hash=item350185540997&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms66%%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

$640 auction price, $662 Buy-it-Now
That *includes* tracking postage.

Insanely low price.

Dave.

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

Oscilloscope_W0QQitemZ350185540997QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Oscilloscopes?
hash=item350185540997&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms66%%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%
3A1%7C240%3A1318

And getting crazier!
Just bought one for $US445 ($A570). Still with free shipping.
Bit of a communication issue in getting him to send me an invoice on
paypal but all sorted out.
Now for a cheap logic analyser...

Regards
Geoff

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

I've had one of these for a few years now:
http://www.pctestinstruments.com /
Very useful for the money, particularly the interpreters on SPI and I2C
lines.

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

Sorry to rain on your parade, but this one is even cheaper at US$364, which is
about AU$465. Plus shipping of US$55.
http://cgi.ebay.com/RIGOL-DS1052E-Digital-Oscilloscope-50MHz-DS-1052E-DSO_W0QQitemZ320355416009QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Oscilloscopes?hash=item4a96abb7c9&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

dmm

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

7C39%
DSO_W0QQitemZ320355416009QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Oscilloscopes?
hash=item4a96abb7c9&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

That always happens!
I'm sure that if I wait a few more weeks, someone will be selling it even
cheaper.
Still that eBay seller mib_instruments looks to have some other
interesting toys...

Re: Cheap Rigol Oscilloscope from Ebay

mib_instruments are advertising that Rigol variant for several prices on ebay.

dmm.

Site Timeline