BT139 & MOC3063

I have desined a circuit with a Triac (BT139) to swith an AC Motor that
works with 220 VAC.
(Go to this link to see my Circuit   http://hojabri.741.com/BT139.JPG )
I have used a MOC3063 Optocoupler with Phase Detector capabilities. I
seems work fine. but after some times (maybe some hourse) after running
the circuit fails and the motor will vibrate and will not rotate. this
problem will be solve if i change
the MOC3063 with new one. but the same will happen with the second ic.
my question is , should i
select another range of resistors with the MOC3063 ?

Re: BT139 & MOC3063

Remove R2 then connect the gate of the '139 to where r2 was connected on the
opto isolater, no other connection to the line required.
--
Cheers ............. Rheilly P

Re: BT139 & MOC3063

"Rheilly Phoull"

 ** Huh  ???????

You have weird ideas about how opto-triac triggers work.

They do not generate current internally,  you know.

Have a look at page 6 on this PDF datasheet.

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/MO/MOC3063-M.pdf

.......  Phil

Re: BT139 & MOC3063

Remove R2 then connect the gate of the '139 to where r2 was connected on the
opto isolater, no other connection to the line required.
--
Cheers ............. Rheilly P

***** You really are a fool ,aren't you??

Re: BT139 & MOC3063

well it works fer me on a moc3021 and I dont see you blokes coming up with
mush other than the usual crap and no help for the OP
--
Cheers ............. Rheilly P

Re: BT139 & MOC3063

"Rheilly Phoull"

** There is no possible way that is true.

 R2 simply limits the max trigger current to under 1 amp.

 Maybe you mixed up the T1and T2 terminals.

** The OP has posted the same naive message on three NGs.

  Got some good replies.

  So far responded to none.

***** Wota really fool wanker,you really haven't got a clue,have you?