BT139 & MOC3063

I have desined a circuit with a Triac (BT139) to swith an AC Motor that works with 220 VAC. (Go to this link to see my Circuit

) I have used a MOC3063 Optocoupler with Phase Detector capabilities. I seems work fine. but after some times (maybe some hourse) after running the circuit fails and the motor will vibrate and will not rotate. this problem will be solve if i change the MOC3063 with new one. but the same will happen with the second ic. my question is , should i select another range of resistors with the MOC3063 ?

Reply to
Omid

Remove R2 then connect the gate of the '139 to where r2 was connected on the opto isolater, no other connection to the line required.

--
Cheers ............. Rheilly P
Reply to

"Rheilly Phoull"

** Huh ???????

You have weird ideas about how opto-triac triggers work.

They do not generate current internally, you know.

Have a look at page 6 on this PDF datasheet.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Rheilly Phoull" wrote

Remove R2 then connect the gate of the '139 to where r2 was connected on the opto isolater, no other connection to the line required.

--
Cheers ............. Rheilly P

***** You really are a fool ,aren't you??

         You haven't got a clue!

Brian Goldsmith.
Reply to
Brian Goldsmith.

well it works fer me on a moc3021 and I dont see you blokes coming up with mush other than the usual crap and no help for the OP

--
Cheers ............. Rheilly P
Reply to

"Rheilly Phoull"

** There is no possible way that is true.

R2 simply limits the max trigger current to under 1 amp.

Maybe you mixed up the T1and T2 terminals.

** The OP has posted the same naive message on three NGs.

Got some good replies.

So far responded to none.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Rheilly Phoull" wrote

well it works fer me on a moc3021 and I dont see you blokes coming up with mush other than the usual crap and no help for the OP

--
Cheers ............. Rheilly P

***** Wota really fool wanker,you really haven't got a clue,have you?

Brian Goldsmith.