Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

Worth a chuckle:
http://micah.navi.cx/2010/04/failed-antenna-design-101 /

Dave.
Re: Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

That black stick thingie is either a special adjustable dielectric EM
wave director, or it's a marketing probe.  Take your pick.

--
Tim Wescott
Re: Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

Loosely coupled, eh?

--Damon

Re: Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

Nice.

I thought the antennas on my GHz phone were fake but the plastic stubs
actually contain one of the multiple antennas used.

Re: Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:31:30 +1000, "David L. Jones"

The connector & case are worth $2. I would have to buy one (if I
stumble upon it) just to investigate...
John Ferrell W8CCW

Re: Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

So here's my question: After stripping that thing apart, did this guy go
back and check the TX/RX range?

I wouldn't be surprised if it actually improved without the case. Black
plastic is often made with carbon (conductive) pigments.

--
Paul Hovnanian     mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com
Re: Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

So what is the problem, you got Bluetooth, and an antenna, what more do
you want :-)

Re: Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

On a sunny day (Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:52:29 +1000) it happened Adrian Jansen

2 antennas?

Re: Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

Its not an antenna, its a handle.

Re: Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

But do they make an adaptor to N?

Re: Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

Sure, it's sold in bottles.

Re: Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

Few days ago I've seen a very similar looking (possibly identical, don't
remember it that well) unit at DSE but at $49 I'm not keen to buy one just to
check if it a ripoff.

Tom

Site Timeline