aus.Re: DI 101? - Page 7

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?
on
If there was an Olympic Games category for obesity - the Yanks would get
Gold, Silver & Bronze just for turning up.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

See
http://www.health-fitness.com.au/australia-now-fattest-country-in-the-world /
It's 25% for us Yanks, 26% for Oz.
This is nothing to compete about. It's just sad for both our countries.

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Let me see, a webblog overloadedwith adds for "health products" quotes an
institution that has existed for less then 8 monhs, but was formed
to suck at the public purse over "the obesity scare". Highly
reliable sources both of them.

So you have 29 for every 2 in Aus.

Wouldn't be at all surprised is the correct term is "overweight and
obese". the difference trips up quiet a few "authorities" in their rush
for the PR plug.

What seems to have broken out in the background is a battle to sign up
research data between Baker(Vic) & sax(NSW).

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

My killfile is getting full. I hope none of these people taking part in the
OT subject is going to post anything about electronics, 'cos I'll not see
it!

On the other hand, I've unkillfiled Phil 'cos he's had a lot of good stuff
to impart recently...

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

I will type this in slowly so that you can understand, if you don't like the
thread, ignore it. It is as simple as that.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

:-))

There is another alternative.
"MoiInAust" could start a new thread to
regenerate audio discussion.

We shall see.

Iain

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

America is fat. It's a national disgrace. They've gotten fatter since you
last observed. I look around in disbelief. People look grotesque, compared
to what I knew when I was younger.  What are people doing to themselves?
IMHO, it started with the "Big Mac" and got worse from there. I run about 25
miles a week, but I'm one of the few joggers left in my neighborhood. People
give me the thumbs up like I'm some kind of hero.

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Bob's Buzzard News impersonator's nonsense. Ignore

Graham

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

I think you got yourself a little confused there. Australia is a Commonwealth
nation not a US state.

Graham

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Arny is plain right. And you could have had german as your first language,
twice over, and you could have had to learn russian because that could have
been the trade language on the mainland.

If you haven't read Churchill's "The Great War", then please do so - it
should keep you busy for a forthnight and then perhaps we can have a lull in
your postings so that the audio posters will come out of hiding, if there
are any left.

  Kind regards

  Peter Larsen

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Is this the Churchill that sunk a ship that had surrendered when the
crew was still on it?

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

   Yes, I've seen a lot of overly emotional losers like you.  Like they
say, "If you can't stand the heat, don't sit in a puddle of gasoline."

   I don't own a drum, Missy, and I didn't start the crossposting.  I
see a flaming moron in the group I'm reading, so I tossed a cople logs
on his fire to help keep him warm.

   Yawn.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

O'dear this is getting O-so-tiresome,
And your little phrase is incorrect, it should read,
"If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen"
So I would suggest if your thinking of  adding some more well warn phrases,
at the very least, get them right.

No you would be more of a Tambourine  sort of person. Which tells
us everything.

 > and I didn't start the crossposting.

 So how did this progress to an  "ALT" newsgroup

Most considerate I,m sure,
And correct pronunciation should be,   So I tossed a couple of logs on his
fire.

Yes I can understand why you would be so tired, with all this thinking to
link a few
 words together,  And with a thought process of a Goldfish, it must be quite
taxing at times.

But as I said, my original  contribution had nothing to do with you, was not
directed at you,
 and was of no consern to you.  So why are you still flapping your little
wings at something
that does not consern you.  Or don't you have anything else to direct your
little ego at.
just perhaps you should get out of the trailer park more.

    bassett

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

   My kitchen doesn't get hot.  i don't have a wood or coal stove.

   A tambourine, with carpal tunnel and nerve damage in my hands.  You
are truly insane

Look at the headers and follow them back to whoever started the cross
posting?  Don't tell me that you are too stupid to do that much.  I'll
take pity and help you.  Eeyore added aus.electronics to the thread so
go bitch at the demented donkey.

   Whoopee!  A typo.  Is that the best you can do?  I am still regaining
my eyesight after three months of being blind from a palsy, while you
have extra spaces and odd length lines making your drivel almost
unreadable.  You parents must be so proud of you.

   You give yourself you much credit Goldfish can breathe and swim at
the same time.

   Is English a second language for you? or do you use a translation
server?

   Trailer park?  How many cars do you have jacked up in your back yard,
and do you have to shoot at the other rednecks to keep them from
stealing the good parts?

  BTW, in the US, a 'Basset' is a breed of fat, lazy dogs who lays
around waiting to be fed.  They are too lazy to move when it rains.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

.

Nope, we had stopped them well before you turned up. and we did it with
most of our troops in the Middle East and Europe.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

And then there's the  'forgotten war' in Burma too.

Graham

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

   You still don't get it. "Taxation without representation" was money
taken here, and sent back to England.  The taxes you pay while here pay
for the services you use.  Things like roads, police & fire services,
and a thousand little things you never think about.

   The money taken from the American Colonies did absolutely nothing for
them.  They just paid their tax bill and were to to go away, that they
had nothing to say about England, or their mismanagement of the
colonies.

   How would you feel if tax collectors from the US kicked your door
down where you live, in your country and told you to either pay the
outrageous taxes they decided to levy or lose everything you own, and
that the money was going to the US government, where you had no say in
how it was used? Or that they were appointing their people to manage
everything you did?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

At the time, to the British at least, the US colonies were part of
Britain and therefore liable to whatever taxes the parlament imposed.
Do you worry that your federal government takes your taxes and spends
them in a different state? It is the same thing really. Police and fire
services AFAIK are paid for out of town and state taxes not federal
income tax.

Of course, then there is the 6 years of maximum social security tax that
I have not had any benefit from and never will, you should be thanking
me for helping to pay for your old age.

A lot of Australia's wealth used to be exported to the UK by means other
than taxes, just the same as the US imports the wealth of less fortunate
countries through the holdings of US corporations. The US has even
imposed dictators on countries that had the temerity to object, just ask
the citizens of Chile about it.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

   A lot of them left England to get away from the people who were still
putting buffoons into governors offices to control their lives.

   England was an ocean away.  Other states can be driven to, and I have
lived in five states over the last 50 years.  Those taxes also pay for
highways, and other benefits, no matter where you live in the US.

   I've paid a hell of a lot more than you did.  Yours was likely been
given to some illegal alien, so "Gee thanks".

   Yawn.  England did the same thing here to export raw materials, then
transported slaves they bought in Africa for the plantations they bought
cotton from, and left us with the mess they created.   If you don't
believe those 'Governors' appointed by the 'royals' weren't dictators,
you're full of it.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

It was called 'trade'.

The British Empire was built on trade, not military occupation. And no, we
wouldn't
consider dealing in slaves 'trade' these days. In fact England was amongst the
first
countries to outlaw it.

Graham

Site Timeline