aus.Re: DI 101?

Not vague in as much as it was a question to a very american american poster.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Reply to
Peter Larsen

I dare say someone's already answered in detail but it can be found under properties IIRC with the message selected. In Netscape it's simply view>headers>all

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Thinks GWB and Tony Blair (not President but he behaved like one).

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Uh ? Been there, done it centuries before. Very smartly too, based almost entirely on trade rather than military force.

For a little longer maybe.

I couldn't agree more. It's sad to see how quite intelligent people can fail to have a good grasp of world history.

How about going back to the days of Carthage, Troy and Rome ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Not sure what you mean there. The government in power here invariably claims the BBC is biased against it. Sounds good to me.

As for charters, the BBC has (had?) one under Reith (an early Director General). To educate, inform and entertain.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Awesomely humid too I hear which wouldn't attract me.

Interesting post. I wish I understood it better.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Plus who wins gets to write the book !

It didn't help that trans-Atlantic voyages by sailing ship were necessary to discuss matters. And they WERE discussed too. Very seriously. The falling out was possibly just pure bad luck.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Netscape 4.8 is almost perfect for the job (at least for text groups with unsplit posts).

Simple, does the job. No silly graphics. Available from their archive site.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Big difference. The Japanese Americans weren't actually fighting you. The Dutch (Boers) were however fully at war with us.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Who says either truly disrespect you ? As opposed to your relatively recent behaviour.

I used to be terribly pro-USA until a few brain dead Presidents caused worldwide conflict.

It's one reason I dropped my Republican (i.e. anti-Royal) feelings. The thought of Margaret Thatcher as President is enough to make my blood run cold. And I dare say she could have been.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Whose literature ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

You need to educate yourself. The Irish (Republic of) can vote in UK elections for one and have been able to do so since time immemorial. Also I think now can any resident EU citizens.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

There's a few non-EU countries using the Euro too.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Like AGW !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Mid Florida is not that humid - typical winter humidities are in the 40-60% range. Maybe a little more. To be honest, the weather is *VERY* nice here. You must stay hydrated, but in season, it's gorgeous. It's sub-tropical. "Down South"(Miami) is fully tropical.

It's a good bit cheaper here as well. We have a couple of by-Golly Irish pubs and one Scottish one, founded by expats.

Of all people, Jimmy Buffet writes a bit about the Spanish-American Coast/Caribbean/South American thing a bit, in travelogue form. His books are a good read.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

Forte Agent is a very powerful tool but way more than most people need.

I use Netscape 4.8 and you might be surpised to see how many other people do too. Does what it says on the box as they say. And FREE from their archives.

Should you need a killfile a free add-on is available too but I forget its name. Google should know.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

the

entirely

power.

fail to

The operative word in blind patriotism is blind.

Reply to
liquidator

Given the serious problems we had with sabotage during WW1, many were not in the mood to experiment.

Again, there's no comparison with Kitchener's Death Camps and mass destruction. There were not millions of dollars in compensation, and there was no apology.

Furthermore, a British Commonwealth nation also ran detention camps for their Japanese. I believe that Canada's per-capita rate of detainment was far greater than ours.

But they had a good reason to fight you.

Reply to
Arny Krueger

Why answer then?

Keith

Reply to
keithr

Obviously, there was very little British literature that was critical of the crown, given that there was no relevant freedom of speech in Britain at the time. Umm, we hadn't invented it yet... ;-)

Reply to
Arny Krueger