aus.Re: DI 101?

The deadline to modify his behaviour. I'm not a meanie. I haven't (yet) seen any more cancer or death threats.

Besides, these things don't usually happen overnight (except one notorious example which had the abuse crowd baying for my blood).

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Oh I doubt it. There are to date only 2 serious abusers I've failed to 'nick' and besides, both have pretty much shut up now. Both use far cleverer ways of covering their tracks than Philthy does.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

The Indians are great fun and usually very sociable. Just be careful doing business with them though.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Whatever the outcome, I give you high marks for trying. We've become accustomed to a debased usenet, accustomed to rudeness, accustomed to evil.

It's bad to become accustomed to bad things.

Bob Morein (310) 237-6511

Reply to
Soundhaspriority

Which country is that? Membership of the Commonwealth is basically in the hands of the pollies and have you ever known them to give up any excuse for a jolly?

As they say here; You are a beaut, We the salute, Elizabeth the last.

Reply to
terryc

I totally agree

Graham

p.s. I checked it wasn't from Buzzard this time !

Reply to
Eeyore

demonstrated

Mozambique.

It serves its purpose.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Since millions of citizens of India and 100s of thousands of citizens of South Africa live in the US, I don't have to go very far to converse with them, and thus I know how they think. Just ask anybody of Dutch descent about their *pleasure* with the British military adventures in South Africa at their expense.

I note that those *lovely places* called "Concentration Camps" were invented by the British during their attempt to suppress personal liberties in South Africa. Talk about covering yourself with glory in the pages of history!

So what if they are still sore about the fact that we did indeed bomb them back into the stone age, as promised. I can imagine the laughter if Finland made that threat.

Obviously Ian, you didn't learn very much from the experience. Old dogs, new tricks, and all that. ;-)

Reply to
Arny Krueger

The Scandinavian nations in general seem to hold the US in rather low esteem. There are often comparisons in the Swedish press of American and Scandinavian educational systems, social policies, salary levels, political structure, etc etc.

In most instances, the US comes out very badly. It seems that the US Bachelor degree is at roughly the same academic level as the Swedish school leavers' certificate. A gem that made me chuckle was the disclosure that

Joan of Arc was Noah's wife:-)

While most Scandinavians are fluent in two or more languages (more difficult than English) some areas of the US have a 47% illiteracy rate, and many millions of Americans don't have a bank account because the use of an ATM is too complex for them!

It seems to that a large percentage of Americans did not know how many states make up the US . Even Barack Obama thought there were 57!

In addition only 26% of American high-school students knew anything at all about the EU, and only a tiny percentage knew how many nations comprised the European Union. Not one of those interviewed could name them all (25 at the time) In view of the alarming lack of general knowledge, and to avoid dragging the average percentage of correct answers into single figures, the question "How many of the EU member nations belong to NATO?" was not asked.

Worrying?

I wear with pride the tee-shirt, given out by the hotel in Saigon, on which is written in Vietnamese "I am not an American" :-)

Iain

Reply to
Iain Churches

It is known as "Ankle Biting".

More ankle biting.

Most of the smarter, more industrious Scandinavians emigrated to the US decades ago. Who cares what those laggards that are left behind think?

Reply to
Arny Krueger

Patriotism is the last refugee to which a scoundrel clings who gives a rats ass what country your from? really who? My flags better than your flag my gods better than your god my women are better than your women what complete bullshit who the f*ck cares? really who?

Reply to
George's ProSound Company

Fundmanentally no different to the camps you put your Japanese citizens in during WW2. Except I don't think we confiscated their property too.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

The main 'second' Boer War was started by the Boers (the Dutch) and they eventually lost.

"First, the Boers mounted pre-emptive strikes into British-held territory in Natal and the Cape Colony, besieging the British garrisons of Ladysmith, Mafeking and Kimberley"

I don't know anyone of Dutch descent living here who holds anti-British views. They're generally very friendly.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Laggards ?

Volvo (who own Mack for starters). Saab AB (heavily into aerospace) ABB (Asea Brown Boveri - one of the largest engineering companies in the world and heavily into electrical power engineering)

All top players in their respective leagues.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Ah that great american combination of arrogance and ignorance.

Reply to
keithr

The wait wouldn't be that long if they didn't keep finding enough illegal crap, to justify their operating budget. Also, if you don't like the way we do things, you are free to stay home.

America! Love it, or stay home.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Immigration officials don't find illegal crap, that is customs and they, by comparison, are quite easy to get along with.

Actually, I am not, I don't go there for pleasure, I go there to work

America! Put up with it, you don't have a choice

Reply to
keithr

"> There are two kinds of people on this earth: Those who divide the people on this earth into two groups, and those who don't.

Reply to
L.A.T.

How do you propose to get into the US without using both?

that's no excuse. if you don't like it, you can find a different job.

Sure I do. That's why I stay at home. I've already met enough ignorant foreign tourists to last me several lifetimes. The bad to good ratio has been about 20 to 1.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You seem to have totally missed the point. The articles to which I refer are a a matter of cultural, educational and social comparison. They reveal stark differences in sosio-economic values.

They have nothing to do with patriotism.

Reply to
Iain Churches