2N8055 equivalent

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a 2N8055 transistor it is in a T02 package, or does anyone have a data book with equivalents so that they can let me know if there is one? Thanks in advance. Bob

Reply to
Bob G0KYF

"Bob G0KYF"

** You sure about those numbers ???

Google gives no hits for 2N8055 and the TO2 pack is incredibly obsolete.

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hi Phil,

have you got a pic of a TO2? its not in my 1984 Towers transistor selector (3rd ed.) - T01, T01H, T03....

Nor, of course, is the 2N8055

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

You could misread 2N3055 into 8055?

2N3055 was the most popular for decades!
Reply to
hadda hadda

Google is hardly first thing to do regarding hands-on electronics.... I am fairly sure he red 3055 as 8055. Just use your built in google :-)

Reply to
hadda hadda

** There is an outline drawing of a TO2 ( aka W113) pack in my Semicon Index, 7th ed, 1977.

The drawing shows a circle with the three leads forming an equilateral triangle in the centre.

SGS/ATES of the UK used it for the AT210, a 250mW PNP germanium.

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"hadda hadda"

** Bullshit.
** First thing I thought of - but there is no dealer on the planet who does NOT sell the 2N3055.

There is a small plastic device with the number " 8055 " in a TO92 variant.

Over to the OP for a better description.

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanx. Guess my Towers just aint old enough....its certainly tatty enough

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

"hadda hadda" wrote

Google is hardly first thing to do regarding hands-on electronics.... I am fairly sure he red 3055 as 8055. Just use your built in google :-)

***So where did the TO2 come from???

Brian Goldsmith.

Reply to
Brian Goldsmith

sorry TO3 not TO2 just a typo. but definately 8055. found a listing using altavista search engine but no more details.

Reply to
Bob G0KYF

**8055 maybe, but surely not 2N8055?

You need to be VERY certain about the prefix.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

"Bob G0KYF"

** You are very likely looking at a code number applied by the equipment maker.

You will have to work out what is needed in the way of a TO3 power transistor to replace the one/s you have by using electronic circuit theory.

Sorry - I cannot direct you to any suppliers of that either.

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Sounds like the date code for wk 55 of 1980 to me.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:34:30 +0000, Pooh Bear put finger to keyboard and composed:

Yeah, that was a very long leap year. :-)

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

There are only 52 weeks in a year

Reply to
KLR

I missed previous messages. Maybe just a 3055 ?

Pieter

Reply to
Pi

"Alan Rutlidge

** The *only* good thing that can be said about criminal arse bandit POS like the Rutmaniac is they do not breed.

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

minimal

No prizes for seconds Phil. FFS try to come up with something original for a change. You are more boring than bat shit.

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

I'd say it was a natural reaction to no-fault divorce/child custody/maintenance payments/limited access etc. The obvious group with less to worry about are those on welfare.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T