2N8055 equivalent

    Does anyone know where I can get a 2N8055 transistor it is in a T02
package, or does anyone have a data book with equivalents so that they can
let me know if there is one?
Thanks in advance.
Bob

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

"Bob G0KYF"

**  You sure about those numbers ???

 Google gives no hits for 2N8055 and the TO2 pack is incredibly obsolete.

............   Phil

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

Hi Phil,

have you got a pic of a TO2? its not in my 1984 Towers transistor
selector (3rd ed.) - T01, T01H, T03....

Nor, of course, is the 2N8055

Cheers
Terry

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

"Terry Given"

**  There is an outline drawing of a TO2  ( aka W113) pack in my Semicon
Index, 7th ed, 1977.

The drawing shows a circle with the three leads forming an equilateral
triangle in the centre.

SGS/ATES  of the  UK  used it for the AT210,  a 250mW PNP germanium.

............     Phil

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

Thanx. Guess my Towers just aint old enough....its certainly tatty enough

Cheers
Terry

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

Google is hardly first thing to do regarding hands-on electronics....
I am fairly sure he red 3055 as 8055.
Just use your built in google :-)

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

"hadda hadda"

  ** Bullshit.

**  First thing I thought of  -  but there is no dealer on the planet who
does NOT sell the 2N3055.

 There is a small plastic device with the number " 8055  " in a TO92
variant.

 Over to the OP for a better description.

...........   Phil

Re: 2N8055 equivalent
You could misread 2N3055 into 8055?
2N3055 was the most popular for decades!

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

"hadda hadda" <draw.hotmail.com> wrote

Google is hardly first thing to do regarding hands-on electronics....
I am fairly sure he red 3055 as 8055.
Just use your built in google :-)

***So where did the TO2 come from???

Brian Goldsmith.

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

sorry TO3 not TO2 just a typo.
but definately 8055. found a listing using altavista search engine but no
more details.

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

**8055 maybe, but surely not 2N8055?

You need to be VERY certain about the prefix.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

"Bob G0KYF"

**  You are very likely looking at a code number applied by the equipment
maker.

You will have to work out what is needed in the way of a  TO3 power
transistor to replace the one/s you have by using electronic circuit theory.

Sorry  -  I cannot direct you to any suppliers of that either.

............   Phil

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

Sounds like the date code for wk 55 of 1980 to me.

Graham

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:34:30 +0000, Pooh Bear
composed:

Yeah, that was a very long leap year. :-)

- Franc Zabkar

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:34:30 +0000, Pooh Bear

There are only 52 weeks in a year

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:34:30 +0000, Pooh Bear

I missed previous messages. Maybe just a 3055 ?

Pieter

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

"Alan Rutlidge

**  The *only*  good thing that can be said about criminal arse bandit POS
like the Rutmaniac is they do not breed.

............    Phil

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

minimal

No prizes for seconds Phil.  FFS try to come up with something original for
a change.  You are more boring than bat shit.

Re: 2N8055 equivalent

I'd say it was a natural reaction to no-fault divorce/child
custody/maintenance payments/limited access etc.
The obvious group with less to worry about are those on welfare.

MrT.

Site Timeline