problem with video show: omxplayer with green screeen after first video / raspberry B

Hello,

for presenting several art videos in a loop I would like to run omxplayer several times in a loop. Unfortunately I got a green screen after the first one:

If I use omxplayer several times from console without X, from the second video on, the images of the video are replaced by a green screen.

I have a wheezy "Linux raspberrypi 4.1.13+ #826 PREEMPT Fri Nov 13

20:13:22 GMT 2015 armv6l" and a raspberry B.

After upgrading the system today, omxplayer with "--loop" works very well, but a try with a second video fails. Any hints?

With kind regards

Reply to
Jörg W.

Edit the videos you want to loop round into a single large video and loop that?

I'd try doing the edit with avidemux but others may suggest better programs to use.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

I asked the omxplayer team to integrate --loop. Now we have that option and it's working very well. Thanks to omxplayer developers for the great work.

Now I'm not able to present two videos without reboot and I have no idea how to fix that.

Reply to
Jörg W.

For anyone still searching that found this thread - try upping the GPU memo ry:

gpu_mem=128 in config.txt

op

--

------------------------------
   JDHgroup is now known as Unrivaled. This is an important change for us

and we would love to tell you the significance behind it. To understand
what the name Unrivaled means to us read our origin story on our new
website at weareunrivaled.com/our-origin
Reply to
aaron

Hi,

incase you are new to the comp.sys.raspberrypi news group, there are three conventions that we follow to make it far easier for everyone to read.

1) The reply you type should be after the previous message(s) text, or interleaved with it. Not at the top, which is the default for some badly designed online services such as google groups/mail, and poor quality PC software such as Outlook and Outlook Express - these particular programs can be fixed with a patches from:-

2) You should edit the previous message(s) to just the points directly relevant to your reply, and not just include the entire thing.

3) Make sure all your lines are less than 76 characters wide, to prevent unsightly spillage of odd words on to the next line, and to make it easier for people replying.

For further information please refer to the following:-

news.newusers.questions FAQ

How to post to uk news groups
Proper quoting style explained

Thank you for your cooperation.