Re: Stalkers abound

FYI

It now seems that the Mongolian Hordes of gratuitously > abusive stalkers have now hounded me in comp.sys.raspberry-pi > where in the true spirit of the technical basis of amateur radio, I am > trying to discuss driving the Raspberry Pi at its level as a real > computer and not being misled by the viruses known respectively as > Linux and C > > Why do those socially inadequate stalkers lack any self > esteem that they must resort to gratutous abuse?
Reply to
gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339

Yawn. Really Gareth, with the utmost respect, will you just f*ck off and die?

*plonk*
and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you don't like Linux and C try RISC OS and BBC Basic

--
Stuart Winsor

Tools With A Mission
sending tools across the world
http://www.twam.co.uk/
Reply to
Stuart

He claims not to like any of the higher-level abstractions that make it easier to build modern systems - having apparently been a close-to-the-metal real-time developer he claims anyone who doesn't write assembler is inferior. I think he just struggles to deal with stuff he's not used to, and rather than face the fact that he can't learn new things, he tries to make out that nothing but old-skool is worth doing.

Reply to
Rob Morley

You will now be accused of being abusive. film at 11.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Reply to

I cant answer for anyone else, but for me the sigh of relief in being able to write what amounted to shorthand macro assembler at 5 times the speed, with C, was a blessing not to be denied.

The Natural Philosopher

That's not true; I worship the computer as a complex machine in its own right.

That's not true, either.

What I have said is that anyone claiming to be a computer scientist who does not understand programming at the lowest level is not worthy of the accolade.

That's just rather silly and infantile abuse.

Reply to
gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339

I love programming C (and Perl). I also thought Smalltalk was brilliant when we did it at uni but never really found a use for it.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Hehe - I expect no less.

Reply to