update-rc.d not putting in correct sequence numbers

# update-rc.d -n testit defaults 20 10
insserv: enable service ../init.d/testit -> /etc/init.d/../rc0.d/K01testit
insserv: enable service ../init.d/testit -> /etc/init.d/../rc1.d/K01testit
insserv: enable service ../init.d/testit -> /etc/init.d/../rc2.d/S02testit
insserv: enable service ../init.d/testit -> /etc/init.d/../rc3.d/S02testit
insserv: enable service ../init.d/testit -> /etc/init.d/../rc4.d/S02testit
insserv: enable service ../init.d/testit -> /etc/init.d/../rc5.d/S02testit
insserv: enable service ../init.d/testit -> /etc/init.d/../rc6.d/K01testit
insserv: dryrun, not creating .depend.boot, .depend.start, and .depend.stop
K01 should be K10, S02 should be S20
Anyone any ideas?
Cheers
--

Chris Elvidge, England
Reply to

Chris Elvidge, England
Reply to
Chris Elvidge
Ok... it is best to check the existing sequence in rcS.d and rc#.d and find where you want to start your service (what services you need to be started before your webserver). In this case, probably "networking" but maybe some services started after that. Put those names in the Required-Start section. Also specify the runlevels where you want it running.
You can then just use:
insserv servicename
and it will be automatically installed where you want it.
Reply to
Rob
Thanks. I found putting $all in Required-Start starts at the end. Cheers.
--

Chris Elvidge, England
Reply to