Thesis Topic recomendations

I am a final year student struggling with depression but wants to graduate this year. I just need help with suggestions of relatively new but easy topics for theses based on raspberry pi. Thanks

Reply to
Tim Haastrup

firearm chronograph?

Reply to
ray carter

Without knowing the major and the school it would be a crap shoot to suggest anything!

Reply to
Charlie

Ok, I'll bite.

Connect a raspberry pi to an android mobile phone, in a way that directly mirrors the screen content to a HDMI TV screen, and allows complete control of that through an onscreen keyboard and mouse pointer using a standard USB keyboard / mice.

And that's it. Should be easy and cheap I'd thought given that remote desktop features already exist in Linux, and the Pi-Zero will have all the necessary hardware covered.

This would be a way to give someone basic internet access using cheap mobile internet (and cheap phones) as this use wouldn't count as data tethering.

It would neatly connect to the net thousands of folks (most elderly) who,

  1. have accessibility issues using tiny mobile phones
  2. don't have a real reason to install ADSL at their abode
  3. find computers baffling
  4. are pushed by others to have access to email, text and government services
  5. find 3G data enabled tablets and compatible sim cards expensive
  6. don't have an interest in streaming media via this setup.
--
Adrian C
Reply to

connect the pi to a temperature sensor and a servo gas valve so that when the room is too cold it releases carbon dioxide fr9m a cylinder.

Sell it to gullible greens as a natural eco friendly form of room heating based on the well known 'greenhouse effect'

The deluxe model features carbon MONOXIDE as an eco friendly way to solve all the problems of greens saving the planet for future descendants, by ensuring they have none.

You will get a guaranteed Nobel Prize.

And your depression will lift once the greens vanish from your life.

Josef Stalin
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The .sig trolling not working for you, huh?

Reply to
colonel_hack

get a life...

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."

You are disgusting.

Reply to
Stefan Enzinger

I see the standard sense of humour failure is in play...

--
Bureaucracy defends the status quo long past the time the quo has lost
its status.

Laurence Peter
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I might not have your sense of humor. I know I don't miss it

Reply to
Stefan Enzinger

AIUI a thesis is a document or proposal which advances some new point of view. If you plan to use the Raspberry Pi it sounds more as if you are thinking more of a project.

For a thesis it is probably most important to pick a topic that interests you than to choose to do some work with a particular computer. For example, you may be interested in a medical issue and can think of a new way to use a small computer to help with a medical matter. That might be something you could use as a subject but I don't know for sure. Perhaps you have a lecturer or academic adviser who can help you pick something that suits you. A topic you are enthused about and believe in will be much easier to work on.

James

Reply to
James Harris

Take care of that depression. Remember, it's a medical problem. Your brain is sick, like a liver or kidney, but it doesn't hurt. Mine is an imbalance of serotonine. I've done lots with the raspberry Pi. Got any ideas? Be glad to help.

Reply to
4ctestsystems

You can already do that with just the phone with HDMI (or MiraCast and similar) out and a Bluetooth KB & mouse.

--

I met a guy today who said he was addicted to brake fluid!
But he says he can stop anytime.

True. However I don't know how complete these features are so that users can completely leave using the phone with the built in screen and navigation features. I'm sure some interaction might be necessary.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

Hi The!

31 Jan 2016 02:24, from The Natural Philosopher -> ray carter:

TP> connect the pi to a temperature sensor and a servo gas valve so that TP> when the room is too cold it releases carbon dioxide fr9m a cylinder. TP> Sell it to gullible greens as a natural eco friendly form of room TP> heating based on the well known 'greenhouse effect'

Best to make it a methane source. Much more effective!

But I fear that the greenhouse effect will contribute very little in a house that is sorrounded by walls and a roof. In civilized countries they are isolated well enough to keep the infrared radiation INSIDE of the house!

CU, Ricsi

Reply to
Richard Menedetter

Well yes, most greenhouses have a roof on them.

Except the planet. That doesn't have a roof on. I expect that's why they call it the 'greenhouse effect'

Because it isn't.

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Actually, it's called the greenhouse effect because carbon dioxide (and methane and others) in the atmosphere *is* a "roof" on the atmosphere.

--
-michael - NadaNet 3.1 and AppleCrate II:  http://michaeljmahon.com
Reply to

My take is that its called the 'greenhouse effect' because the effect of increasing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere over a plot of ground is the same as that of building a glass-windowed greenhouse over the plot in terms of its effect on soil and air temperatures once you make allowance for the different heat capture efficiencies of glass boxes and atmospheric CO2.

There was an experiment (in Canada or New England - I forget which, back in the 80s or 90s) where large plots were enclosed within transparent walls and CO2 was metered into the air over the plot to maintain an specified CO2 concentration over the plot. The transparent walls were only there to keep the air over each plot from blowing away. At least one of the plots was a control which didn't have any added CO2. The plots were roofless so all of them were subject to natural rainfall.

The effects of the CO2 injection on temperature were pretty much as predicted and the effects on plant growth were in good agreement with lab experiments that grew plants in sealed climate and atmosphere controlled enclosures. he experiment was intended to see if the two sets of conditions were comparable. They were.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Except as far as convection goes, it isn't.

The Natural Philosopher

So what temperature did the injected CO2 come in at?

And what were the rises? those predicted by the basic CO2 radiatoin equations? Or those multiplied by the 'unknown positive feedback terms due to water vapour that make it all so scary' that the IPCC modellers use?

The Natural Philosopher