FPGA-Based system design project

Hi friends

I am new to this forum...and found that you guys are really helpful t

each other with strong knowledge on FPGAs. So i thought to get you help. So i would really appreciate you guys if you can help me.

I am a graduate student and going to start my MS final project in thi

fall semester. My interest lies in FPGA-based designs. These can b either in cosumer, broadcast, medical, automotive etc industries...

So i need your help to find an interesting, new project topic (fo

FPGA-based design) for me on whicd i can do some research and mak some thing new..

So i hope you guys would share your opinions...

thanks muc

Reply to
easystep2

Check out

Opencores.org

They have lots of projects.

Reply to
Eric

OpenRISC project need contributions. If you are interested on Open Hardware Microprocessor you can add new features to OR1200 processor, like a new cache system with associativity or to integrate the FPU inside the datapath. We can talk about it if you want.

Regards

Javier Castillo

Reply to
Javier Castillo

This is a very interesting statement.

Other than

try thinking about FPGA implementation of:

(*) H.264 codec (**) Multi-Protocol Encalsulation of any data traffic + ATM SAR (***) Ethernet switch (data processing path) (****) Turbo Encoder / Decoder for Comm (*****) LDPC codes for Comm (******) Fast Filtering of Ethernet traffic (*******) !!!!!! TDM Over IP (Packet) Circuit Emulation Data Processing Engine (********) T1/E1/T3/E3/T4/E4/Packet over SONET mapper :):):)

If you are really interested.... those are only samples of what could actually done.

Vladislav

Reply to
Vladislav Muravin