rpi-update

Hello, rpi-update just disappered from my system (raspian testing)? And also isn't in the repositories anymore.

It's just me or you have the same thing?

Thanks Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

You don't really need it. It's only if you're helping test the latest bleeding edge kernel enhancements. Just keep using apt-get update/upgrade as before and it'll pull in the latest bootloader and kernel when the foundation deem it stable enough.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

there is a lot of things that people don't need but want :)

anyway I (re)installed it directly from github.

And doing a rpi-update solved an issue that I had with samba shares.

Bye Jack

--
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?
Reply to