Re: Rassberry/Pi Noob Question

I'm curious, is there a built in graphics
>card, or is there some sort of device needed for video?
HDMI and composite video outputs. See

"Specifications" tab.
I Noticed there are a
>few USB ports, networking ports on a few I've read about.
Generally now it's 4 USB and one Ethernet.
Reply to
Roger Bell_West
The graphics processor is built in, and, mirabile dictu, is also responsible for booting the system!
Reply to
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 12:52:32 +0100 Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
Makes a change from the keyboard controller doing it, remember the hoops to get an AT (or clone) out of protected mode before the 386 ?
C:\>WIN                                     | A better way to focus the sun
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ahem A Rivet's Shot
ISTR a spare unused logic gate?
Reply to
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 13:45:43 +0100 Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
Nope, it involved writing a magic value into memory and asking the keyboard controller to reboot the main processor.
C:\>WIN                                     | A better way to focus the sun
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ahem A Rivet's Shot
RB> HDMI and composite video outputs. See RB>
RB> "Specifications" tab. RB>
I've been thinking about moving from my 'big'linux box to a rasberry system. The only drawback I've seen or heard or issues with linux/dosemu and running DOS doors. although I run a linux-based BBS, It was easier setting up DOS doors than linux ones (yeah I know weird).
RB> Generally now it's 4 USB and one Ethernet. RB>
That sounds like plenty :)
Thanks
Reply to
Charles Stephenson
On 04/27/18, Gareth's Downstairs Computer said the following... GD> > Generally now it's 4 USB and one Ethernet. GD> > GD> GD> The graphics processor is built in, and, GD> mirabile dictu, is also responsible for GD> booting the system! GD>
Sounds like something I'm gonna be looking into in the very near future!
Thanks
Reply to
Charles Stephenson
... which make it more useful than the Lenovo thinkpad they gave me at work - only 2 USB, which seems ridiculous. And so many laptops don't have ethernet anymore either: wireless only. Clearly the Rasp is the better machine.
Reply to
RS Wood