Raspi Pico: C-API in /home?

Good morning,

after APT-GET the Raspberry Pico API all C-Headers are installed in /home. Did I make a mistake oder is it a repeatable error?

Thanx

FW

Reply to
F. W.

F. W. wrote on 04-08-2021 at 08:14:

On what system, with what command exactly? Not repeated here on RaspiOS

32-bit with "sudo apt update && sudo apt -y full-update". And really, directly in the /home/ directory, not even a subdirectory? That's strange. My /etc/apt/sources.list is standard:

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list deb

buster main contrib non-free rpi # Uncomment line below then 'apt-get update' to enable 'apt-get source' #deb-src
buster main contrib non-free rpi

And two more in sources.list.d:

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/raspi.list deb

buster main # Uncomment line below then 'apt-get update' to enable 'apt-get source' #deb-src
buster main

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vscode.list ### Disabled by raspberrypi-sys-mods ###

(Not sure where that vscode repo went; it is still kept up to date, so maybe it's in the main repo now.)

Reply to
A. Dumas

Am 04.08.2021 um 08:54 schrieb A. Dumas:

Pi 400. I will try again and I thank you!

FW

Reply to
F. W.

You didn't do 'apt-get source' by any chance?

That's only for when you want to build a package yourself from source, not for when you want to install the package.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Is the pico directory in /home? I have my SDK in /home/pi/pico. It works fine from there. I have all my pico code projects in /home/pi/bin/project_name. You just need to include pico_sdk_import.cmake in the directory where your project lives.

I like this better because I keep all code and executables in one directory for each project and don't have to go looking for them.

knute...

Reply to
Knute Johnson

I do essentially the same except that my bigger projects are in /home/project_login

and small ones (e.g. a single program) are in /home/my_usual_login/project name

and, when ready to use:

- executables go in /usr/local/bin

- manpages go in /usr/local/man

- global config files, if any, are held in /usr/local/etc

... and these days each project uses git, with the master git repository on my house server. I used to use CVS, but I've now switched over to git for all my projects.

Martin    | martin at
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Martin Gregorie