Problem with two displays

I've 2 displays attached to my RasPi 4. The LXPanal is on HDMI1, which
is fine. This shall be my main display. HDMI2 is only switched on when
needed.

Must programmes open on HDMI1. But sometimes they open on HDMI2. Don't
understand why and when. Is there any setting to tell the programmes on
which display to open?

Thanks.

hs

Raspbian 10, "Buster".
Raspberry Pi, Model 4, 8GB

Re: Problem with two displays

It depends on the window manager you are using; I have openbox, and
there is an xml to set.
Don't know which WM Raspbian uses.

Tilt

Re: Problem with two displays

Where?

I don't know which of them is the window manager, but AFAIK Raspbian
uses Openbox and LXDE.

Thanks.

hs

Re: Problem with two displays
  Re: Re: Problem with two displays
  By: H0Iger SchuIz to Tilt from Arch on Sat Nov 28 2020 02:09 pm

 > > It depends on the window manager you are using; I have openbox, and
 > > there is an xml to set.
 >
 > Where?
 >
 > > Don't know which WM Raspbian uses.
 >
 > I don't know which of them is the window manager, but AFAIK Raspbian
 > uses Openbox and LXDE.
 >
 > Thanks.
 >
 > hs
 >
 >
 >
 > > > Raspbian 10, "Buster".
 > > > Raspberry Pi, Model 4, 8GB

Openbox is the Window Manager, LXDE is a desktop environment which uses Openbox
as one of its components.
--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

Re: Problem with two displays

Fine. My questions remains, how it ist organized on which display a
programme opens.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

hs

Re: Problem with two displays

Here it is:
~/.config/openbox/rc.xml

the tilde stands for your home, i.e.
/home/your-username/

If you don't find one, you should copy the default from here:
/etc/xdg/openbox/

This xml is commented to guide you through customizations, have a look
at it (the '<applications>' section should be what you are looking for)

Here's a configuration guide to start with:
http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Configuration

Bye!
T.

Tilt

Re: Problem with two displays

Some programs will remember which monitor they were on last time, and
start up on the same one. If you always want them to open on HMDI1, move
them on it before closing.

---druck

Site Timeline