Problem with two displays

I've 2 displays attached to my RasPi 4. The LXPanal is on HDMI1, which is fine. This shall be my main display. HDMI2 is only switched on when needed.

Must programmes open on HDMI1. But sometimes they open on HDMI2. Don't understand why and when. Is there any setting to tell the programmes on which display to open?

Thanks.

hs

Raspbian 10, "Buster". Raspberry Pi, Model 4, 8GB

Reply to
H0Iger SchuIz

H0Iger SchuIz in data 27/11/2020 16:36 ha scritto:

It depends on the window manager you are using; I have openbox, and there is an xml to set. Don't know which WM Raspbian uses.

--
Tilt
Reply to

Re: Re: Problem with two displays By: H0Iger SchuIz to Tilt from Arch on Sat Nov 28 2020 02:09 pm

Openbox is the Window Manager, LXDE is a desktop environment which uses Openbox as one of its components.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken
Reply to

Where?

I don't know which of them is the window manager, but AFAIK Raspbian uses Openbox and LXDE.

Thanks.

hs

Reply to
H0Iger SchuIz

Fine. My questions remains, how it ist organized on which display a programme opens.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

hs

Reply to
H0Iger SchuIz

H0Iger SchuIz in data 28/11/2020 14:09 ha scritto:

Here it is: ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml

the tilde stands for your home, i.e. /home/your-username/

If you don't find one, you should copy the default from here: /etc/xdg/openbox/

This xml is commented to guide you through customizations, have a look at it (the '' section should be what you are looking for)

Here's a configuration guide to start with:

Bye! T.

--
Tilt
Reply to

Some programs will remember which monitor they were on last time, and start up on the same one. If you always want them to open on HMDI1, move them on it before closing.

---druck

Reply to
druck