Problem with web video

Since today I cannot play videos in chromium anymore. It worked two days
ago. In some cases (youtube, tagesschau.de) vidoes won't start playing.

At sport1.de trying to start the live straem gives me error 232404.

To me it seems it is not a chromium issue but a problem with some kid of
video plugin. It get the same resulzs with iceweasel/firefox.

Any hints?

Raspberry Pi Model 4, 8GB
Current Raspberry OS

Thanks

hs

Re: Problem with web video
 HS> Since today I cannot play videos in chromium anymore. It worked two days
 HS> ago. In some cases (youtube, tagesschau.de) vidoes won't start playing.

This might not be a fix for you, BUT have you done that big update that came
out a couple weeks ago? It had a lot of Chromium fixes, for video
specifically....

But if its an issue that arose, its probably not Chromium and a video
issue/something got broke.

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
first.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........

Re: Problem with web video

Did that, didn't help.

Thanks, anyway.

hs

Re: Problem with web video

Obvious questions:

- what was written to /var/log/messages when you attempted to view a
  video with Chromium?

- does Firefox write the same set of messages to /var/log/messages?

These are, or should be, obvious because when something like this
happens, that's the first place to look when an application fails without
showing the detail of what went wrong: IMHO displaying an unexplained
error code doesn't count as 'showing what went wrong'.

As well looking in /var/log/messages you should also:

- look at any other logs in /var/log which carry the same 'last updated'
  timestamp as when the error occurred.

- take a look in the directory where Chromium and Firefox stash data in
  case they wrote anything useful there. In this case:

  - Google Earth writes crashlogs to ~/.googleearth/crashlogs

  - Firefox writes crashlogs to '~/.mozilla/firefox/Crash Reports'

  so its very likely that Chromium does something similar.

You can see the exact time to loog for in logs by causing the crashes
again, but this time after opening a console window and running the
command:

   sudo tail -f /var/log/messages

in it. This will show you the timestamped log messages as the error
actually occurs. When you're finished with it, stop 'tail' by typing Ctrl/
C in the console window.

Martin    | martin at