Pi power

Modern phones seem to have refresh rates of anywhere between 60Hz and

120Hz - apparently the gaming crowd want it.
Martin    | martin at
Gregorie  | gregorie dot org
Reply to
Martin Gregorie

Yes, but panning across a scene could be a bit jarring when viewed on the big screen.

-- /~\ Charlie Gibbs | "Some of you may die, \ / | but it's a sacrifice X I'm really at ac.dekanfrus | I'm willing to make." / \ if you read it the right way. | -- Lord Farquaad (Shrek)

Reply to
Charlie Gibbs

I remembered 18 fps, with a 3-bladed shutter in the projector, giving

54 flashes per second.

I see someone else said 16 fps, so I turned to good old Wikipedia, which suggests that Super 8 was 18 fps and Standard 8 was 16 fps. So we were both right!

David

Reply to
David Higton

On 5 Jan 2021 22:54:36 GMT, Tim Streater declaimed the following:

look at the pin-out... Pin 18 is intended to provide power for "active cables"

	wlfraed@ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/
Reply to
Dennis Lee Bieber

Cable power yes, but it's also very convenient that an HDMI port can power an HDMI to VGA converter. There are so many old projectors in so many meeting rooms with VGA cables even today. The minimum current to provide through pin 18 is only 55 mA though. Not enough to run a Pi.

Reply to
Anssi Saari