Powering your Raspberry Pi option

Got my Pi online last night and to save cabling, I tried plugging the power cord into the USB port on the front of my DVR/Cable Box.

Much to my surprise, it worked like a charm. So, now I am using my 40" LCD/TV and the DVR to run my Pi. HDMI 1080i at 40" is AWESOME!

Anyway, if you have a DVR with a USB 2.0 port, give this a try. It saves from having an extra plug in the wall.

Happy Computing!

Bill Garber

Bill Garber

I have one plugged into a TV's USB port. Handy, as it runs raspbmc and turns on and off with the TV.

deKay

--
  Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
  Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary

I'll try it, but I don't think mine is powered unless I have Media selected, in which case the HDMI that I'm connected to would not be selected. I also use this TV as my PI's display.

Bill Garber

Bill Garber