Miniature Analog Camcorder LCD on RPi

I purchased an old analog Hitachi camcorder at a local hamfest (ham radio f leamarket), last weekend. What I originally wanted was the eye piece in it, which is a very small B&W TV picture tube that can show composite video. G iven that the Pi has a composite video output, this little thing makes a pe rfect tiny little monitor. Being dime sized, it is not the best for viewing , but could be useful as a graphics display monitor (perhaps audio spectrum ).

Later, I attacked the LCD viewer. It was a challenge to remove it from the camera but persistence and patience wins the day. This is a much more pract ical display, though still small for reading text.

The details of my exploits can be viewed here:

cd

Enjoy, Warren.

--
Check out "Assimilating the Raspberry Pi" at
http://www.lulu.com/shop/warren-gay/assimilating-the-raspberry-pi/hardcover

Dzieki, Warren, za post o tresci:

Thanks for sharing, this is quite cool stuff!

--
Tomasz Torcz                 Morality must always be based on practicality.
xmpp: zdzichubg@chrome.pl                -- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

My pleasure. When I get more time, I'll also document how I hooked up the B&W miniature TV picture tube in the eye-piece. Perhaps not very practical, but it gets points for being small and cute. You could use this dime sized display to show graphic plots or spectrum displays.

Your imagination is the limit!

Warren.

Reply to
Warren Gay