Owncloud cannot be installed on Raspbian 10 (buster)

Hi all,

just wondering how some people here managed to install NextCloud -- in my default repo set (for Raspbian 10 / buster) I cannot even find it.

So I tried to install OwnCloud instead, but there are several packages missing, too:

apt-get install owncloud leads to complaining about not installable / missing

- libjs-jcrop

- php5, hence:

- php-assetic

- php-opencloud

- php5-mysql

- php-crypt-blowfish

and so on.

Is there an additional repo which has to be enabled first?

Thanks for any idea, best regards,

Markus

--
Please reply to group only.
For private email please use http://www.dipl-ing-kessler.de/email.htm

Using Docker, The Dockerhub image owncloud/server appears to work fine from buster. i.e. The web site starts.

Personally I use Syncthing, again under Docker.

I did have a look at how Docker installed owncloud but they appear to do this from a tar file, which they presumably build locally from git.

I can give you links how to install docker and run if you are interested.

Reply to
Pancho

Probably using the install procedure on the Nextcloud web site. I?m going to give it a go myself in the next couple of weeks. I, too, would prefer a packaged solution, but . . .

The ownCloud packages that come with Raspbian have been horribly out of date for ages (I mean, PHP 5? Really?). I have no idea why they?re even still included with Buster.

--
"Also . . . I can kill you with my brain."
River Tam, Trash, Firefly

Instructions to get proof of concept Owncloud running on port 8072

----- curl -sSL

| sh sudo usermod -aG docker pi sudo systemctl reboot docker run -d -p 8072:8080 owncloud/server

-----

or replace owncloud/server with nextcloud on port 8075 docker run -d -p 8075:8080 nextcloud

Takes about 10-15 minutes, tested on buster raspbian lite.

Perhaps they now put all their effort in the docker image, which AIUI is bang up to date. 10.3.2(stable) when I pulled it a couple of days ago.

Reply to
Pancho