Hifiberry, XMBC and OpenElec, no sound.

Hi all,

Today I have got a Hifiberry DAC+ RCA for the RPi B+, but I don't get any sound on the Hifiberry.

I also use:

- XBMC 13.1

- Gotham

- OpenElec 4.0.7 (uname -a, tells it's OpenElec 3.14.8)

- Raspberry Pi B+

Does anybody have a solution to get this work?

Kind regards, Jos

Reply to
Jos

Does the device appear in "ls -l /proc/asound" ?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Rob Morley schreef op 10-9-2014 om 16:42:

/proc/asound doesn't exist on OpenElec.

--
Kind regards,

Jos
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jos

Jos schreef op 10-9-2014 om 20:06:

This is what I tried so far...

I have created this two files:

/etc/modules-load.d/hifiberry.conf

- snd_soc_bcm2708 bcm2708_dmaengine snd_soc_hifiberry_dacplus

-

/etc/modules-load.d/asound.conf (I can't create this in /etc/)

- pcm.!default { type hw card 0 } ctl.!default { type hw card 0 }

-

After this I rebooted the RPi.

Still no sound..

OpenELEC:/etc # aplay -l aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found...

I have followed this manual, this work on my other sd card with Raspbian, but OpenElec fails...

Any idears?

--
Kind regards,

Jos
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jos

Hifiberry's web site says OpenElec support is coming soon and also that it's more complicated than just a kernel update. So wait or get in touch with Hifiberry or OpenElec to see if you can get some test versions to try out.

Reply to
Anssi Saari

Thanks.

It's working at this moment! The people of OpenElec helped me to solve this problem.

--
mvg, Jos
http://www.noordlaarderbos.nl