Headless diagnosis of faulty Raspbian

You'll be telling us that there are pi seconds in a nanocentury next...

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

No. A nanocentury is about square root 10 seconds.

Regards,

Kees.

--
Kees Theunissen.
Reply to

AAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Jack

--
"That's the beauty of Ethernet. It's with you through thick and thin."
Reply to

--
Where do you access the source-code, to know all those details?
Amazing that it's designed to be a node of the internet, rather than a PC;

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of where modern "PC" operating systems come from and how they work. Linux, OS X, and Windows since XP are all designed to be internet nodes to some degree, and can all be made to function as servers with a little work. Raspbian is preconfigured to run a DHCP client by default because for most people that's how they get network access, via DHCP. If you're running Windows on your PC, you can set up a DHCP server on your ethernet port by using "internet connection sharing", and of course Linux and OS X have hundreds of possible ways to accomplish the same thing because of their

*x heritage.

All of this doesn't require source code, just understanding how to use the systems. If you're really curious about the details of Raspbian's networking configuration, the files are all in /etc/network/.

Reply to
<tidux

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of his particular approach to whinging and trolling.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Not to mention responding to posts in a timely fashion, rather than six months later.

--
Mike Fleming
Reply to