RAM temperature sensors needed soon.

Cryptocoins may start using algorithms which can be executed fast only on CPU-RAM chips.

Problem with this is current hardware has no RAM temperature sensors ?!?!?

Therefore I am requesting this feature to be added to new hardware as soon as possible.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
skybuck2000

This is probably a golden opertunity for companies like ASRock which have patents on or licenses patents on overheat protection circuitry for motherboards.

This type of invention/circuitry could and probably should be extended to RAM chips... to protect RAM chips against overheat.

Full system shutdown is recommended.

Also windows/bios and such need to be updated to give feedback of what happened after the shutdown and restart/reboot to diagnose the problem.

Would be nice if windows event log has an entry like:

"System shut down due to RAM overheating".

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
skybuck2000

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Hashing the use of RAM to its absolute maximum does not cause heavy heat generation issues.

Have a nice day, ditz.

Reply to
DLUNU

A more appropriate message might be: "System shut down BEFORE the RAM overheated"

It's rather difficult to display messages or write to log files after the RAM has gone insane or the machine has hung. If allowed to crash, it is also possible that some data on the hard disk might have been trashed. You probably won't see your RAM overheating.

Incidentally, if you want to see what happens when your machine gets hot, try running the burn in routines in Prime95:

"How To Stress Test your CPU with Prime95 & IntelBurnTest"

Prime95:

Intel Burn Test:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

RAM Heatsink effectiveness test:

3C to 7C decrease in temperature with a RAM heat sink.

More videos on Prime 95 and stress testing:

Only one day of being nice?

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

I saw a globar warning (Jan is a bad influence on me) article about how bitcoin is going to cause a 2 deg C rise in global temps.

GH

Reply to
George Herold

Maybe you can share some data with us. I'm not buying the article in more ways than one.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Bit coining now uses about 0.1% of the world's electricity generation, and way less measured against total energy use. I suspect coins will go bust one of these years. They make no sense.

lunatic fringe electronics

Huh, I had no idea it was that much.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yup. If you aren't selling drugs or laundering money, that is.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yes, it is an absurd waste of electricity. It is particularly annoying in countries that have cheap clean electricity - bitcoin miner companies are establishing themselves and taking advantage of tax rules to get subsidised power because they are "clean industry", when all they do is turn water power into fan noise and a small profit to themselves. It is one thing to spend this clean electricity on people's facebook addictions and youtube videos of cats falling off tables, but bitcoin mining is a serious waste of resources.

Still, while bitcoining uses more electricity than some medium-sized countries, it is still not going to cause a measurable global temperature rise on its own.

Reply to
David Brown

Jeff Liebermann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

heat

Not a single soul here should be giving the SkyBuck idiot Any credence. He continually igores proper Usenet protocols and posts stupid shit to this and other unrelated groups and the dope actually thinks he sports intelligence from reading web articles. It does not get much more stupid than SkyTard Posting.

Reply to
DLUNU

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

All this because we did not stop Eskimo tribes from using fires to keep warm...

I swear the bean (snowflake / CO2 molecule) counters are too stupid to properly look or interpret at the numbers they are counting.

RAM module heat global warming source, people? COME ON!

Wake the f*ck up and notice the retarded twits around the world blogging end of world... AGAIN.

To me.... THEIR body heat is doing it and we need to get rid of THEM to curtail it.

Same logic. Grow the f*ck up, scientific community.

You can't handle the SOOTH!

Reply to
DLUNU

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Our government should all at once on the same day, go all over the nation and 100% fully confiscate and outlaw and end the use of ALL bitcoin ATMs.

It is used for nefarious illicit transactions and ANYONE in this nation using it or playing around with it are, in my view, 100% complicit with such behavior.

The one time offer of reprieve would not last long. Keep toying with illicit markets and get your ass nailed.

THAT is what they should do.

You can bet that we were warned against such activity when we got our yearly FED security seminars.

I do not visit or "examine" or otherwise visit by any means any 'black' site or other illicit web pages.

Reply to
DLUNU