CP/M and MS-DOS on Pi 400

Hi,

glad to see that this group exists.

I know it is not possible to run MS-DOS on bare metal. But is there a useable distri (IMG) for my Pi 400 with MS-DOS/FreeDOS/DOSBOX and is there any kind of CP/M th same way?

FW

Reply to
F. W.

DOSBox version 0.74-2-3+deb10u1 is in the standard repo on RaspiOS 32bit. I haven't tried it. You can also run 64bit RaspiOS (it's in beta) or Ubuntu (runs great, if not with all the web browser video acceleration) and I imagine that especially on that second one there would be a more recent version available. In my experience, 64bit programs run a lot faster on a

64bit OS (duh) but no idea if there is a 64bit Dosbox build.
Reply to
A. Dumas

Twister OS provides Windows (x86) and therefore (?) DOS access.

Google produced this:

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Reply to
David Taylor

There are a few Z80 and CP/M emulators where the source is available, e.g. YAZE-AG

or Z80pack

The sources should compile fine on any Linux system.

--
Dipl.-Inform(FH) Peter Heitzer, peter.heitzer@rz.uni-regensburg.de
Reply to