audio problems after upgrade?

On two different pi's pi3 and pi4, after the latest round of updates, I found that audio to hdmi did not work. After research, I found that pi os recently changed from alsa to pulseaudio. SOLUTION: replace the alsa volume control on the panel with pulseaudio volume control and check that HDMI output is selected. (mine was not on either pi)

Reply to
ray carter