ASCII art

Hils in data 20:33, domenica 08 dicembre 2013, nel gruppo comp.sys.raspberry-pi ha scritto:

Similar to figlet, is toilet.

From aptitude on my Pi (Using raspbian):

TOIlet prints text using large characters made of smaller characters. It is similar in many ways to FIGlet with additional features such as Unicode handling, colour fonts, filters and various export formats. TOIlet can open FIGlet fonts and is mostly commandline-compatible with it.

Example (tested in my pc using debian):

sudo apt-get install toilet toilet -f smmono9 "buon ferragosto" --filter gay

Or:

#!/bin/bash while [ true ] ; do clear toilet -f smmono12 `date +%H:%M:%S` --filter gay sleep 1 done exit 0

Make this as ora.sh $ chmod +x ora.sh

And run it $ ./ora.sh

to exit: Ctrl+C

Enjoy!

Reply to
BIG (Umberto)

for more ascii goodness install "bb"

debian has dropped "aatv" but if you have a camera it might be worth installing that from source.

--
For a good time: install ntp
Reply to

Yep. More: sudo apt-get update && apt-cache search ascii I usually install caca-utils and toilet, which seem to complement each other nicely. Also fim but that doesn't fit in the pun.

Reply to
A. Dumas

Are you viewing it in a monospace font?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Dave Farrance

Meanwhile in the real world, fonts like 'interstate' exist because of the ease of reading road signs crafted in them in a split second... ...are all Germans incurably mad?

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc?-ra-cy) ? a system of government where the least capable to
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Still looks like Sil3 from here.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@adamshome.org.uk
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Alan Adams

text=Hils&fontsize=200

I think it's a fairly safe assumption that Fette Fraktur Straße doesn't actually exist, you know. :-)

I happened to recognise that the OP had used a Fraktur font because Fraktur Bold characters are available in high-unicode for use as mathematical symbols. _Some_ newsreaders might be able to see the following, depending on fonts installed etc:

????-??????? ??? ??????? ???? ????? ???????

Reply to
Dave Farrance

[...]

Hmm. Looks like that high-unicode either upset my news-reader or the news-server. I've no idea why multiple copies have appeared.

Reply to
Dave Farrance

This place does...

That renders beautifully in Icedove.

The Germans' with their artistic street sings are less mad than the folks who keep everything in inches, pounds and furlongs when the civilised world long ago adopted SI units. :-)

ICBW but I don't recall seeing such signs on high-speed roads.

Reply to
Hils

And in pan with the standard Fedora font collection.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Martin Gregorie

Fraktur is a German blackletter script and has so many variations it can be difficult to recognize. I do calligraphy and got the s, but still didn't recognize the lower case h, thinking it was a cap. ;)xc

nb

Reply to
notbob

Are not embedded fonts a bit of a nono for Usenet?

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc?-ra-cy) ? a system of government where the least capable to
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As is the suggestion that anyone will be viewing Usenet with a variable width font. I can't emphasise that enough. ^^^^^^^^^

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Reply to
Graham.

Posting binary mail to a text group would be a no-no, but I fail to see the relevance.

Reply to
Guesser

For more moving ASCII art, bring up GNU Emacs and type Meta-X (or ESC-X), then at the prompt type "hanoi" (without the quotation marks). If you enter a prefix argument (ESC and one or more digits), then the above sequence, it will do higher stacks.

--
Robert Riches
spamtrap42@jacob21819.net