Subject Author Posted Replies

Identifying the Opera browser unique identification strng
The Opera browser "contains a unique ID that is linked to your device" On Ubuntu 16.04, is there a way for a non programmer to "trap" this unique browser ID to see what it looks like? The ultimate...
17
17

What is the realistic accuracy & precision of typical consumer MPG calculations (tripmeter miles/pump gallons)
What is a realistic accuracy & precision of typical MPG measurements when measured by the consumer using the typical method of dividing their tripmeter miles by the gas-pump gallons during fillup?
74
74

Fronius Transtig 2000 TIG Welder
Hi to all, I'm Diego. I'm an electronic technician, but I had never repaired a welder before now ... Normally I design things, not repairing them... but... This welder is arrived to me as a gift from...
5
5

Sansa MP3 player question
I have been using different variations of the Sansa Clip mp3 players for several years. Sansa explicitly says that of those players that accept a micro SD card, the maximum size of the card is 32GB....
6
6

OT: Sewing machine repair question where
Where could I ask for info on a misbehaving sewing machine? The sewing newsgroups are near dead and lacking this sort of info, and it's not an electronic problem cheers NT
31
31

Resistance measurements
I'm finding I get different results (vastly different in some cases) when measuring the total resistance of a circuit with a) a DMM and b) an old analog meter with a physical needle. And this doesn't...
50
50

DC motor in cat toy stopped working.
Here is a picture of the toy: I removed the small motor that looks about the size of a CD spindle motor. It measured around 1-2 ohms across its terminals. When I hooked it up to my bench supply with...
21
21

How to connect a bare solar panel to a rechargable battery
About 5 years ago, I bought a solar charger for charging cell phones. It seemed like a great idea, and worked fine for a year at most. Then it would charge for a minute or so, and shut itself off. It...
13
13

Cap Leakage
Hello all, I have a sound amplifier board with what looks like some 25v 220mfd radial capacitors that appear to have leaked some of the electrolyte on to the board. The board is easily 20+ years old....
28
28

How to remove CD's from broken auto CD changer?
I've convened this multi-disciplinary forum, becuase this is a multi-faceted problem. How to remove CD's from broken auto CD changer? I have a 2000 Toyota Solara with a factory AM-FM-CD changer, all...
20
20

Switching between Internet connections WiFi & Ethernet
How does Windows 10 handle manual & automatic switching between Internet WiFi & Ethernet connections? Does it automatically switch based on the best signal strength? Or does it automatically switch...
16
16

Vintage eBay frequency counter question
Worth fixing up, or destined only for a new home on the scrap heap? Asking price is too high either way IMO
11
11

Recognise this trace?
Gentlemen, The link below shows a scope trace of the output of a linear PSU (voltage 4.7VDC) with about 300mV of 100Hz ripple riding on it. This PSU is in- circuit under load from the boards it...
20
20

Sony Bravia, my kids think I'm old and dumb
I have a Sony Bravia TV and a digital cable box. My kids (23 and 25 yrs old) visited this weekend. They left and I came home from work and turned on the TV. It had no sound, I turned the volume up to...
1
1

Fender Deluxe 90 hums
It hums, said the customer. I'll take a look, I said. After a cleanup I tested it and couldn't find anything electrically wrong. But with nothing except power connected there always seemed to be a...
2
2